Nasty Hesitation than Stalling..

-

73Dartmang

Reaction score
Hey guys. Today I took my Dart for some Christmas shopping. Drove about 30 or so miles on the highway at about 60MPH. Noticed a slight hesitation the other week after pulling out of the gas station. Car ran great on the highway all today. Finally after about a 40 minute cool down started to get a really bad hesitation from a stop. Let off the gas, roll into the gas hesitate.. Got on the highway quick but noticed a quick hesitation it seemed when letting off and then back on the gas. I cracked it W.O.T today about 10 times just to find out what would go wrong. Guess I found out... Then got home let it cool down for about an hour. Started her up and didn't get 3 miles after a couple red light stops it stalled out and re-started...Hmmmmm.....Fuel or spark??? Tomorrow let the games begin....

Holley 1920.....

I did replace the air filter last week. Also cleaned out old paint debris inside the filter with alcohol. Tons of garbage in there...Gonna check some basics out right now. Idles good. Just periodically got worse through out the day. I have a clear fuel filter and that looks good. Car sounded a lot better after being romped on the highway a bit...Lets see im gonna try to beat this today...

Think whatever was in there I sucked it through... Took the air cleaner off and rev'd it up a few times. Went for a ride and went away.. Didn't help that for a year or two the paint from 68 in the cleaner was getting sucked through.. Timing check was at 2.5 degrees. No vacuum reading from my old gage. Could feel it and hear it though from the distributor port on carb. Once rev'd it would fluctuate. Who sells brand new not rebuilt or re-manufatured 1920's???

had the exact same symptoms happen to me with my slant six. would stall or attempt to at stop lights, etc... took it to a shop and opened the car, there was junk settled in the bottom of the carb. cleaned it up and worked like new.

Think whatever was in there I sucked it through... Took the air cleaner off and rev'd it up a few times. Went for a ride and went away.. Didn't help that for a year or two the paint from 68 in the cleaner was getting sucked through.. Timing check was at 2.5 degrees. No vacuum reading from my old gage. Could feel it and hear it though from the distributor port on carb. Once rev'd it would fluctuate. Who sells brand new not rebuilt or re-manufatured 1920's???
Slant 6 Dan did have some. any reason it cant be rebuilt?
Frank

Let's face it, carbs suck. Carb looks relatively new. I noticed someone did not replace the accelerator pump spring. Therefore I do not trust anyones goof work thereafter. Easier to slap a brand new one on, get a new baseline of where it's at. Drive the car and have the other one as a backup and or be rebuilding it. Just my 2 cents..

-
Back