Nasty Storms in Minnesota/Midwest

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Wow, got hammered hard last night here in central MN, 75+ MPH winds, 3 waves of bad stuff, all started about 1:30 AM and went till 6 AM. Got over 2" of rain, nasty lightning, hail, etc. I took pics today around town of the damage, tons of big trees down too, I'll upload them when my service is back up. Lost power at the house for 8 hours, still no TV/cable/internet. No damage at my place, but many near me did and many won't have power for a few days.

Now, we are about to get blasted with another round of really nasty stuff, including large hail and possible tornados, in a tornado watch right now. These storms started out west and were bad before they hit us here, and are growing fast. The sky is black here now, people in the path take cover and say some prayers for us to be safe :glasses7:

That sucks. We have it kinda bad right now, but no where near as bad as you guys. Take care down there everybody.

Wow, got hammered hard last night here in central MN, 75+ MPH winds, 3 waves of bad stuff, all started about 1:30 AM and went till 6 AM. Got over 2" of rain, nasty lightning, hail, etc. I took pics today around town of the damage, tons of big trees down too, I'll upload them when my service is back up. Lost power at the house for 8 hours, still no TV/cable/internet. No damage at my place, but many near me did and many won't have power for a few days.

Now, we are about to get blasted with another round of really nasty stuff, including large hail and possible tornados, in a tornado watch right now. These storms started out west and were bad before they hit us here, and are growing fast. The sky is black here now, people in the path take cover and say some prayers for us to be safe :glasses7:

That was a long night I bet Keith, 75 mph winds and rain will move allot of stuff, Prayers sent and I would like this system settle down some right now!!
Canada is getting heavy rain and some bad flooding and here you are in M.N. getting hammered :prayer:

May Mother Nature settle down for everyone

Battening down the hatches here for round 2.

Hope I dont get called into work at 3:45 again for over heating video equipment rooms. I have to say that the drive into work was awesome! The lightning was great!

It sucks for all the people at, and that came to "Back to The Fifty's".

Stay safe guys, and hopefully I will too!? Just started raining right now...................................... oh crap!

Stay safe guys, and hopefully I will too!? Just started raining right now...................................... oh crap!

My brother is camping there this weekend right now.. Hope he is ok. Cottage Grove is very still but the sirens just went off

Stay safe everyone! Calgary Alberta is getting hit hard with flooding. The Saddledome(home of the Calgary Flames) is flooded up to the 13th row! Calgary zoo has been evacuated as well as lots of other places. Its heading to Saskatoon about 2 hours south of me. Stay safe everyone!

My brother is camping there this weekend right now.. Hope he is ok. Cottage Grove is very still but the sirens just went off

That can't be good....... stay safe!! Sirens means a tornado is on the ground or
something is showing up of radar when I hear them here.!!!

Wow, that is this weekend? I never go but it is supposed to rain ALL weekend, bummer!

The nasty part missed us for now, but there is a nice light show in the sky with some thunder that shakes the whole house.

We got blasted in west texas beginning of this week. 80 mph winds, 4 inches of rain, power out, lots of damage.

Stay safe, hopefully.its over and done with now. Storms suck i ended up with $2500 worth of damage.

Well after i typed that the wind picked up and I moved the family to the basement. Wind was anywhere from 30-60 and gusts up to 75. They sounded the sirens because of straight line winds. I've seen a few picture of the campground at Back to the 50's and it was about knee deep. Sure hope all those cars and people where ok. My brother said it was a wild ride but everyone was fine.

-
Back