Nasty.

-
Same stuff you get when you pick up a package of hamburger meat at the grocery store. Most likely in the prepackaged tubes. This is why I have my hamburger ground from sirloin I pick out myself.

He said "'The great American public needs to urgently understand what their food industry is doing."

Oh we understand, OK. We just don't know how to stop the

million dollar food industry lawyers and lobbyiests

and the paid off Congressmen who refuse to put teeth into food protection

It's been about fifteen years since I set foot in one of them. Fast food is so terrible, after you cook for yourself with fresh ingredients for a month.

For a while, I was working for a guy who had a collection of Continental drop tops and a Rolls that he wanted brought up to par. He was borderline diabetic, so whenever we would go to get food, I'd make ordering easy and skip combos all together, eliminating soda from the order and just get water.

I did this for about a year. A friend of mine came by my house to show me his new '73 Charger that he got from Ohio and brought me a Slurpee. Without thinking twice, it was hot outside and I started drinking it. I got dizzy, began to get shaky and felt like I was poisoned. He finished his, no problem. I'm not anywhere near diabetic, nor hypoglycemic. I'm not allergic to anything that I am aware of and I've been tested.

Any time I crave sugar or smell fast food, I go for water and eat something good, usually with whole grains and it keeps me going for a lot longer.

A lot to do about nothing. Ammonium hydrate has been used in food production for years. A test was performed on a basic cheeseburger, and there was more ammonium hydrate in the bun, pickle, ketchup, and mustard, than there was in the meat. The news media found something they could sensationalize, and ran with it.

So, does this mean that some of the people on this forum are shocked that things you order from McD's are barely passable as food?

There is a reason why i havent eaten at McD's in 10yrs...and part of it is this.

They will make healthier food when people stop buying what they offer. People know it's not the healthiest food to eat. They do it anyway. It's a free market. Let the market solve it or not solve it.

No, I've known it forever, but I was posting for those that might not. I keep forgetting this place is full of know it all assholes.

Not supporting MacD's, or claiming to be a know it all. I have worked in the food business for over 40 years though. Ammonium hydroxide has been used in food processing, to kill such pathogens as E. coli for years, not just at MacD's. don't take my word for it. It is easily researched. The so called "pink slime" is simply lean beef, that has been separated from fat in much the same way that milk is homogenized. The only thing wrong with either, is the sensationalism of the news media. What they managed to do, is take thousands of pounds of meat out of the food chain, and put a lot of people on the unemployment line.

Just one more thing. The next time you go to the grocery store, and want to complain about how high ground beef had gotten, the pink slime scare has a lot to do with that.

-
Back