Natasha the 68 Dart

-
the only rust problem the car has is behing the back wheels .....its mainly from an old body repair that was done poorly .....its easy to see it was not done right and then the previous owner painted the rust white to try and make it look better to sell it...

so all thats coming out and im going to make a patch panel

Attachments

• CIMG2666.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 274
  • CIMG2667.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 279
and life is starting to happen real fast around here .....OMG talk about jumping in full speed ......eeeep too late to turn back now

ITS ON :glasses7:

Attachments

• CIMG2671.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 279
  • CIMG2672.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 266
  • CIMG2673.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 292
Wooohhhooo! :blob: I look up to you Rani and only hope I could work on my Dart as well as you can. :prayer:

Wooohhhooo! :blob: I look up to you Rani and only hope I could work on my Dart as well as you can. :prayer:

wow thanks ....already what i have seen your off to a good start.......seems to get into this takes tools, tools and more tools.

once upon a time Ranio here was starting out and couldnt do much but you just have to jump in and get dirty....no time like the present :supz:

plus really im small fries on this site ....how some of these guys bring rusted cars back is amazing .....i am fortunate to live in a rust free part of the country ....but holy cow, talk about talent when they take a rust belt car and bring it back completely. :prayer:

what i mean by its over is this car is not leaving the shop again without a new coat of paint.

this car is officially under construction for new paint ....and im changing the color

i guess no time like the present

So what are you gonna drive to the CO Mopar show today?

So what are you gonna drive to the CO Mopar show today?

dad's truck....next year this car will be in that show .....this time even before i did all this there is no way this car is nice enough .. its just transportation now ......but fixin the rust and new paint will change that :toothy9:

in fact i better get on the road soon

Way to go Rani on the construction of your dart. After reading this entire thread really makes me miss my 68 Dart GT. See below. You mentioned previous that you had another Dart. What are your plans for that one. What shape is it in. Keep us posted.

Attachments

• Irwindale 3-11-10 003.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 240
So Rani, what color are you going to paint it?
We're all in suspense here!

Way to go Rani on the construction of your dart. After reading this entire thread really makes me miss my 68 Dart GT. See below. You mentioned previous that you had another Dart. What are your plans for that one. What shape is it in. Keep us posted.

the other one was one my cousin dumped off into my stash when he was clearing a section of a salvage yard they had .....it was supposed to be a parts car but i dont have the heart to junk any mopar especially one that is completely rust free. i have most of the parts for it but back burner thing....i was going to do a race car theme on this one ...there is another thread floating around where i was talking about it.

Attachments

• CIMG2641.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 244
So Rani, what color are you going to paint it?
We're all in suspense here!

Black ....i am totally convinced to go with black

i am not sure to go orange or red stripe .....that is pending on what Uncle John says (1968dartman)

Attachments

• Feb11015Medium.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 222
  • CIMG9917.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 242
the 2 month plan is to finish the paint.

the three month plan is to replace the hood with a fiberglass lift off hood. hood hinges are over -rated IMO

the five month plan is to do a spring re-locate and give it a stance like the white dart in the pic.
i have never understood why muscle car guys lower their cars ...to me there is nothing muscle about a car barely off the ground.

and the 10 month plan is get the junk yard 440 i scored last week for $50. and up the compression and get in this car.

Attachments

• CIMG2639.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 235
  • 100_7827.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 247
  • 68HemiDart0002.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 239
then once it has the super stock or as i call it the Rani Sox stance ....and the 440 ...i plan to do a simple exhaust ...Gasser style.....i have some cherry bombs that have a bolt on flange on one end and the outlet on other end

this type of muffler is the only thing i can think of that is aftermarket going on the car ...otherwise it should be 99% factory or factory appearing parts.

the wheels are going to be wider steelies in gloss black with chrome lugs

Attachments

• imm-87554_w.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 220
  • 43jr_.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 247
this is going slower than i want bcoz i keep getting pulled away and distracted by ppl around me.

i should already be in primer :banghead:

Attachments

• CIMG2678.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 220
  • CIMG2679.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 223
Dang your really getting stuff done over there. Black is going to look great on that thing!! I like the idea of the red stripe.

Cool.
They look great in black.
I will never get tired of the '68 Dart Hemi Super Stock look shown in post #136.

had to do other stuff today like mow the lawn and what not but im trying to average a panel a day.

found a bondo spot on the 1/4. looks like they used a slide hammer but didnt get it out all the way ......looks like a really old repair.

the drivers fender was not as bad as i was thinking.....had a bit of bondo but was not that thick.......definately needs a hammer and dolly ...im not sure why they didnt hammer and dolly in the first place ....it can be straightened but thats where they put the bondo.

it feels so strange now that i am taking bezels and tail lights off ...i have only known this car ever as a complete driver so to see it turing into pieces is strange feeling.....but Natasha knows im doing it out of love. not to part her out lol.

Attachments

• CIMG2684.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 206
  • CIMG2685.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 183
  • CIMG2686.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 195
  • CIMG2689.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 201
Subscribed. Love the thought pattern. Glad you found your answers,you wanted.

im going to save some time and spray bomb the hood flat black ....im not even going to strip it ...just scuff and shoot.......as soon as i have the money for a lift off HEMI hood ...the original one is gone anyways

Just make sure you get good spray can stuff, not the 95 cent special. Lol don't ask how I know..

Everyone should own a black car at least one time in life Rani :thumleft: Nothing screams fast MoPar cool Mopar then Black :cheers:
I am happy to see you have took the plunge and started removing parts and I know the feeling of seeing a complete car that has been a driver being took apart :glasses7:
And X2 on seeing what some of our members use there skills to repair some cars that has been setting and rusting down :thumleft: We sure have allot of great craftsman and ladies here.
Keep at it Rani :cheers: You are doing a great job and moving along in good fashion :thumleft:

then once it has the super stock or as i call it the Rani Sox stance ....and the 440 ...i plan to do a simple exhaust ...Gasser style.....i have some cherry bombs that have a bolt on flange on one end and the outlet on other end

this type of muffler is the only thing i can think of that is aftermarket going on the car ...otherwise it should be 99% factory or factory appearing parts.

the wheels are going to be wider steelies in gloss black with chrome lugs

Awesome progress! The Petty car in your pic Rani, that's not a muffler but the end of the header....your car will rumble with them though :D

-
Back