Nate's 67 Barracuda FB build thread

-
My friend I got this from had the fiasco of getting less than quality panels and then wound up buying amd quarters 4speed hump trunk pan and floor extentions and they were very nice. I'm planning on buy the sheet metal here soon and cutting. I'm pretty confident with doing anything covered by carpet the only ones I'm gonna far out are the rear quarters because I'll never be able to get it smooth enough for paint doing it myself. But I'll definitely talk to elitecustombody and see if I can get a discount.

Dont bother. Im sure hes a great guy but never got back to me on parts. Was hoping to order stuff from him.

Dont bother. Im sure hes a great guy but never got back to me on parts. Was hoping to order stuff from him.

Hmm.. I never tried him myself. I'm a member on dodgecharger.com and bbodies only. I've ordered a lot of AMD panels using the discounts they have for their members. Hey, membership is free and it'll get you a discount. I've heard that 521 Restorations has the best discounts of the ones offered on those sites.

http://www.521restorations.com/index.pl?page=abody&sub1=Quarter

Ok so update on my parts hunting for brakes stuff. Thanks zfriedbauer he helped me out with some spindles and caliper brackets. I found out if you buy summit brand semi metallic pads for a 76 valiant they're bendix pads for 15.99. I pretty much have every thing I need to swap from drums to disc. I stripped and painted everything including the new calipers I bought. I really need the hardware the mounts backing plates and the lower ball joint arm on to the spindles if someone has extra or can give me some measurements, i would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• image_11.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 20150527_150158.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 196
So here is an update. I got the rear dr diff axles installed. i bought the ones with disc brake studs in them and man are they long....
I also got the rear disc mocked i just need to plumb them still
20170604_192241.jpg
I started knocking down surface rust that was on around the rear end and using a rust treatment to stop the cancer
20170604_192833.jpg
I just need to figure out the backspacing and tire sizes to get some 17x8s on here.

20170605_195651.jpg

So being the Super Clutz I am.. I ordered 2 different sets of wheels that look similar. Its important to note that american racing doesn't make 17x8 wheels in the same style with both 4.5 and 5.5 backspacing. So by divine ignorance I ordered a set of 17x8 5.5 BS VN515's Torq Thrust 2's and a few months later bought a set of 17x8's 4.5 BS VN109 and I cant return either set to get either style because the backspacing isn't available vica versa. They do however offer the VN515's in a 18x8 with 4.5 BS which may be an option I pursue. Decisions decisions...... for now I'm just going to send it!

wRONGWHEELS.jpg

Yes. The one on the left is a torq thrust II and the one on the right is a torq thurst with 50th anniversary caps.

You are correct!
They fit excellent but I wouldn't go much bigger fir tire size on the rear if it has not been tubbed out or your spring purches haven't been moved in.
My car before I purchased it WAS a 1/8 mile drag car and was hacked up pretty good. I'm one of those dummies that converted it BACK to what it was prior to the race setup. MOSTLY anyways. My project began as a father son project so it was in no way going to remain heavily modified and have my son behind the wheel on the roads. Now it's just me on the project and my son once in awhile so I kind of wish I didn't put it back to original. (MOSTLY)
My son has no time as he is a fire fighter cadet in training and working on EMT qualifications at age 16. Sorry so long winded, but yes, that's the sizes. I will re-check to be 100% sure in a minute and repost.
Aaron...
I wouldent say you were a dummy for converting it back to pre 1/8 mile drag duty. I say you were definitely smart for putting it back to pre race condition, unless it was a rare historical drag car that one of the greats of drag racing used to own, then its worth restoring in its vintage drag racing trim.

Other than that, i personally hate chopped up muscle cars. I am collecting the sheetmetal parts to unfuck a 69 notchback barracuda that somebody butchered up as a drag car. My son will also be driving it. As such it will be a 318 4bbl w duals, and 3.73 gears.

Last edited:
Well I put the wheels on and sorted the brakes out for the time being. I installed the Dr. Diff 15/16 manual brake master cylinder kit which is really nice for the money.

IMG_20180907_174500023.jpg

Hmm.. I never tried him myself. I'm a member on dodgecharger.com and bbodies only. I've ordered a lot of AMD panels using the discounts they have for their members. Hey, membership is free and it'll get you a discount. I've heard that 521 Restorations has the best discounts of the ones offered on those sites.

521 Restorations - A Body -> Quarter

hey guy, where u been lately/ Was wondering about not seeing any posts from u for a while.?.

Well I've been struggling with this project and putting it on the backburner after moving it to a new location and getting frustrated with the brakes being locked up. My skills are finally catching up to what I'm trying to do with this car. I did start back up working on it however and installed a new fuel tank and filler neck. I'm going to turn down the rear brake caliper bracket spacers tonight in my machining class and hopefully have the brake issue resolved as well.

20211020_133943.jpg

20211020_133133.jpg

-
Back