NE Ohio New Guy

-

Duster_Dude

In the garage
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I've been a member here for quite a while, just never did any posting.
And I figure it's about time to change that!

I am a self employed auto tech, and am the same Duster_Dude from some of the other Mopar sites. I own two A bodies, a '69 Barracuda Fastback that needs some restoration, and a '72 Duster Twister that is under construction. The Duster is a back half project I started a couple years ago. Currently all the cage work is finished, rear end is done, trans is done, front suspension is done, and next it's on to the aluminum work inside the car, then paint. I was hoping to get the car done and on track this year, but it looks like it will be early next year now. That is ofcourse racing fuel isn't $15 a gallon or more by then.

My Dad has a SB powered '73 Duster that we race regularly. It runs consistent 6.50's at 107mph in the 1/8th mile, and has gone low 6.40's. His car is a blast to drive!

I really enjoy the site, some great resources here, nice classifieds, and some great people too!
Looking forward to talking with all of you!
Backhalf.jpg

100_1783.jpg

Hey Duster_Dude,

Glad to see another NorthEast Ohioan. Good luck with all of your projects. I am currently working on a 1974 Duster, 360, 4-Speed. (At least it will be a 360 4-Speed when I am done!).

Welcome Duster Dude, looks like you will fit in just fine, and you have some great A bodies there.

Welcome aboard Duster_Dude!!!!!!!!! Looks like some fine projects / cars you have there, and you're in great company! We're delighted to have you here.

The duster or demon is my favorite. I bought a Dart Swinger about 3 months ago cause it was great deal. But yours is the king of mopar in my opinion.

Welcome Duster Dude!! 6.50's sure would be a blast.:burnout:
I hope you enjoy this great site.
and keep us updated on your nice build. :cheers:

All you boys & girls know how to make a fella feel welcome!
Thanks everyone! :thumbup:

I'll be sure to post updates on the Duster Project.

Welcome fellow Massillon MoPar owner. I too used to race at Magnolia, then things got ugly, I sold my Valiant racewagon, and now I have no A-body. Just a 55 Coronet. Feel free to PM me with any questions, maybe if we pull our local sources we can get you the parts you need, I know a few MoPar guys around us.

Welcome! You will like it here. Looks like you guys have a great shop to work in!

-
Back