Need 273 Steel Head Gasket

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
so where are you guys buying the .021 factory head gaskets? the 273 we rebuilt is .020 over. we dont want to run the 318-360 gaskets as they are huge!

any help?

Not made anymore last time I checked. Cometic has multilayer gaskets that are pretty thin and you can order them in whatever bore size you need. Not cheap though. tmm

this is a 9:1 273... no way were putting 300 dollar head gaskets on it... so im looking for NOS stuff huh?

the gasket bore size doesn't effect CR as much as it's thickness

the gasket bore size doesn't effect CR as much as it's thickness

so you dont think a 4.*** gasket on a 3.650 bore is going to effect compression?

:wack:

besides that you make a great place to create carbon, get hot spots, and a host of other issues...

so you dont think a 4.*** gasket on a 3.650 bore is going to effect compression?

besides that you make a great place to create carbon, get hot spots, and a host of other issues...

I said as much, try a compression calulator and check it out, I did a 0.021" one with a 3.655 bore and a 4.125 it went from 10.06:1 to 9.95:1

Taken more than a few apart with the big bore head gaskets and haven't really noticed any hot spots. It is however definitely a carbon trap. Where did you find the small bore head gaskets?

805 ,does not take"no" for answer.The guy ,known better.He's a craftsman....

I said as much, try a compression calulator and check it out, I did a 0.021" one with a 3.655 bore and a 4.125 it went from 10.06:1 to 9.95:1

yep tenth of a point, but the other issues are my problem.

Taken more than a few apart with the big bore head gaskets and haven't really noticed any hot spots. It is however definitely a carbon trap. Where did you find the small bore head gaskets?

the hot spot comes from the edge of the cylinder, granted its chamfered but still a edge unless you round it.

its an NOS one so i cant tell you as we need it lol...

805 ,does not take"no" for answer.The guy ,known better.He's a craftsman....

makes me a PITA but i dont like doing things twice, especially on a customer car!

Ed,,this is your living,no compromise...(Considering,the final bill).

Ed,,this is your living,no compromise...(Considering,the final bill).

she is so excited. the current second owner is the granddaughter of the original owner. she road in this notch cuda as a little girl, and has no idea how nice it it!

Don't even get me started, on notchback Cuda's ,Ed .I'll go on a babbling crusade....

Don't even get me started, on notchback Cuda's ,Ed .I'll go on a babbling crusade....

huh?

1374973_457565494359413_1153455290_n.jpg

Just clean the old one up and spray hell out of it with copper coat. LOL

Then slob some K&W block seal on the head and block and torque hell out of it.

-
Back