Not open for further replies.

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
I don't really know what to look for.
Stock 318 LA currently 2 barrel and want to change it over to four.
Don't care if it's cast iron, just a streetable four barrel intake.

Suggestions?

Thanks

standard Edelbrock performer, has 318 size ports and works good, can be found used on here, craigslist, ebay, swapmeets,

I think it is Nite moves has one for sale in nice shape for $75. In the for sale section, you need to look.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=164799

I saw that, and I can get one of those here in town from craigslist for 75 even. (maybe less since it's been listed for awhile)

standard Edelbrock performer, has 318 size ports and works good, can be found used on here, craigslist, ebay, swapmeets,

Thanks guys, I just needed to verify what I'm thinking sometimes.

The standard Edelbrock performer does NOT have 318 sized ports anymore. The ports on a Performer are actually in between 318 and 360 sizes, but closer to 360 sized ports. I would guess that this is done so you can gasket match to either size port, but out of the box its actually in between.

Where in Arizona? I live in Mesa.
I have an EDL-2176 edelbrock performer manifold like new with all the plugs,hose fittings,and thermostat assembly for $120 or a stock cast iron 360 4 BBL for $50 if that helps.

I'll have to keep that in mind as I go to Phoenix for parts pretty often.
I live in Prescott Valley.
I would probably just go for the 360 one.

Where in Arizona? I live in Mesa.
I have an EDL-2176 edelbrock performer manifold like new with all the plugs,hose fittings,and thermostat assembly for $120 or a stock cast iron 360 4 BBL for $50 if that helps.

As mentioned, the Edelbrock Performer is hard to beat.
I would avoid the "EGR" smog model.

There is no performance difference in the non EGR and the GER intake manifold. The problem with the EGR intake is sealing it off. If you do not have the valve or gasket, it can be a pain to locate the valve and/or gasket.

The valve only opens during cruise, closes at a hard acceleration or W.O.T.
The exhaust gas is inert and doesn't hurt cruising power.

You might find a good used aluminum intake for less than the cost of shipping 40+ lbs of cast iron. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back