-
Status
Not open for further replies.

odcics2

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Need a set of 4 original studs that are usable for a restoration.
Looks like the photo below.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 11-10stud.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 247
I have a parts car but haven't gotten the front clip off yet to get to em for ya.

That would be cool. Any idea when you will be getting the clip off?

In the meantime, I'm using some bolts, but want to do it right, even on the small parts.

thanks-

Greg

I used a 1/2" clevis pin cut down and welded in place for my Barracuda. Even if you looked into the hinge area you couldn't tell the difference.

Do your self a favor and use the 1/2 inch pins as stated. Drill a hole in them and use a washers and clips or cotterpins to hold the hinges in place. Easier to remove and replace in the future for service if needed and hold much better.

I will do this on my new project. My hinge came off my orange Duster. what a mess trying to get it on. I had to hold the hood up while I was yelling for my son to come help. Never again. It won't happen on this one.

Attachments

• DSCN1276.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 134
Sounds like a good idea. I'll see if Sedanman can hook me up with the real stuff first, though.

Do your self a favor and use the 1/2 inch pins as stated. Drill a hole in them and use a washers and clips or cotterpins to hold the hinges in place. Easier to remove and replace in the future for service if needed and hold much better.

I will do this on my new project. My hinge came off my orange Duster. what a mess trying to get it on. I had to hold the hood up while I was yelling for my son to come help. Never again. It won't happen on this one.

Is there supposed to be a spacer between the body and hinge for each stud?

I'm leaning to your idea of using 1/2" clevis pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back