Need '64 Barracuda dash pics.

-
If you need pics of the metal part of the dash where the trans shifter mechanism mounts, let me know. I have a '64 dash that is completely out of a car & has no instruments, etc. mounted to it. I can take pics if you want.

What are these gauges out of?

barracudacluster.jpg

A guy selling them says they are in a '64 Barracuda. The car is a 4-speed if that makes a difference.

It doesn't look like they would fit a dash like this because the sides are at an angle:

64barrac.jpg

barracudacluster.jpg

barracudacluster.jpg

64barrac.jpg

64barrac.jpg

Is this the pic you want? I can try to post others but I'll have to shrink them a bit first. This is 64 Valiant & Barracuda.

9e_12.jpg

What I'm after is the two big equal size lenses with the speedo on one side and the other gauges on the other side, and a pushbutton trans. selector on the left. The following pic shows a '65 Valliant and it looks like the trans selector bezel can fit on the left of the gauges, but I can't tell for sure if it will look correct.

65ValiantGauges.jpg

65ValiantGauges.jpg

65ValiantGauges.jpg

The dash stamping is different. The '64 has a special opening designed to hold the push button shifter. It also has a different heater control setup. I'm pretty sure the dash stampings will interchange. I don't think you can physically interchange the instrument clusters between the two dash stampings. From the picture you have it looks like the 65 cluster wouldn't quite cover the opening in a 64 dash. You could probably take a '64 dash & close up the opening with sheetmetal to make the 65 cluster fit. The pushbutton shifter will fit to the left of the '65 instrument cluster, but might not look quite right because the shape of the bezel around the 64 shifter won't match up to the shape of the 65 instrument cluster bezel. Don't know if the wiring harness connection is the same either. There is a smaller pushbutton shifter bezel, only half as wide as the one in your pics, that I think was used in some of the cheaper lines of Valiant. I have a bitmap pic of one but I can't figure out how to shrink it with my software. If you want a pic, PM me with your email address & I'll send it to you.

I know the frames are different, but I have the '64 and can get a '65. The metal parts are easy, it's the bezels that may be the hard part.

-
Back