-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slugger8985

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm getting started on my drag car project and I'm lacking the most important part, the engine. I'm looking for any mid to late 60's engine blocks. From what I've been told, I should stick to a big block for low-budget high hp combination, but if you have any input then throw them out there. I'd prefer either a 440 or 383, but like I said, if you have some info on something else I should look into throw it out. Thanks!

Brad

I'm getting started on my drag car project and I'm lacking the most important part, the engine. I'm looking for any mid to late 60's engine blocks. From what I've been told, I should stick to a big block for low-budget high hp combination, but if you have any input then throw them out there. I'd prefer either a 440 or 383, but like I said, if you have some info on something else I should look into throw it out. Thanks!

Brad

There are more options out there for 400's than 383's like stroker kits so ya might want to put the 400 into the mix.

Im near Joplin MO. I have a couple std 400 blocks, and a couple early model 66 440 blocks i would sell.

What condition are the 440s in? Got any pictures and how much are you asking for them?

Brad

You might have just realllllllly helped me out there because my girlfriend has family in Springfield so that may be the way I can buy one without getting chewed on haha. Pick up the block and visit her family. Win/win haha.

I have a 383 in Kansas City. Had a basic re-ring job, before it was set under the bench. I also have stock heads, plus cam, timing set, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back