Need a Dallas FABO member for a Favor

-

Prine

A-Body Fanatic
Reaction score
Could someone in Dallas/Ft. Worth Metro please make a short trip to Denton to check this car out in person for me....I am in Clovis,NM and can not afford to load up and drive all the way to Denton and NOT buy this car for some odd reason related to a physical inspection.

The car is located at:
Huffines Chrysler Jeep Kia Denton
5150 I-35E
Denton, TX 76205

Brown73DartSport.jpg

Brown73DartSport01.jpg

Brown73DartSport02.jpg

Brown73DartSport03.jpg

Brown73DartSport04.jpg

Brown73DartSport05.jpg

Brown73DartSport06.jpg

Brown73DartSport07.jpg

Brown73DartSport08.jpg

Brown73DartSport09.jpg

Brown73DartSport10.jpg

Brown73DartSport11.jpg

I am interested in knowing if it has a legitmate 340 block in it....and not a 318 with a 340 air cleaner lid....I am also interested in knowing if the underchassis looks clean and up tight....dont want a transmission that leaks excessively. I am noticing it does not have a Brake Booster and wondering if it has front disc brakes....need that visually looked at.

Also wanting to know if there are any rust bubbles anywhere.

Can someone in the DFW help a brutha out and not buy this out from under me?

Lemme know, I am working the negotiations...pending some DFW Local Mopar Enthusiasts' visual assistance.

Thanks
Prine

Hey Prine: Have the guy fax you a copy of the build sheet. That will be a start. Have him take a pic of the front of the K member for the washer. Easy enough to poke a camera under the car and shoot a pic of the brakes. I'd say it is disc after all its a 73 or 4 Sport. Should be someone that will check it out for ya. Challengergary os west of FW. Good luck on a nice ride.
Small Block

ahhhh.....I have no luck. I called today and spoke with a guy named Rob. He said a guy from New Orleans was on his way up today to close the deal....and had had a DFW friend stop by this last weekend and do the exact same visual check as what I was requesting.

Too bad....I almost dropped $10K on that jewel.

O-well.

Shame to miss out on such a good car. That just makes it that much better when you get YOUR car...

Good luck!

j

Sorry dude. Dallas is 4 hours away for me.

Everything happens for a reason. There will be others.8)

I am about 45 minutes from Denton. Call me if yo want me to head up and check it out - in case the guy was blowing smoke and there is no guy from New Orleans. I'll PM you my phone number

ahhhh.....I have no luck. I called today and spoke with a guy named Rob. He said a guy from New Orleans was on his way up today to close the deal....and had had a DFW friend stop by this last weekend and do the exact same visual check as what I was requesting.

Too bad....I almost dropped $10K on that jewel.

O-well.

Man....I honestly HATE to be the one that says this and feels this way:

I love this place and always want to help people out. It cheers me up to talk to all you guys when the job hunt hasn't turned up anything. SIX months ago, I started with a stack of 100 Resumes and set out to find anyplace that would hire me......SIX months later...nothing, not even so much as a call back on any of the positions I have applied for.

I have sold nearly ALL of my personal Mopar stuff, my 70 Dart, my stash of 302' heads, my Torker 340 intake I bought for $100 off the donation auctions awhile back....all I am left with is my (coveted) set of 308' heads, and a Electronic SB distributor.

Where I am going with this is.......Damn I am jealous.....Adam is a great guy for starting the website, and throws his experienced .02 in on various threads, but I have liquidated ALL of my stuff, pulled back ALL of my purchases, stopped eating out, reduced my groceries to Ramen Noodles, Pinto Beans, bread, peanut butter, jelly, ham and cheese, started drinking Kool-Aid/tea and ect..the water bill is a month behind, the gas is a month behind, the mortgage is paid (gotta have a place to sleep) the Hemi Ram is a month behind, the insurance is a month behind.....I have never complained 1 time about my hardtimes and everyone around me is cool with me, my Wife and 3 little girls starving to death.....and I know there is a good amount of fellas here unemployed and in the same boat as me.

If it wasn't for my VA Disability check every 1st of the month, I would be homeless with all my immediate family packed into my VW Beetle begging for a meal everyday.

Don't throw me a chicken leg...I'll dig myself back out of this crap....but how about setting up a fund to help the unemployed?

and I still gotta $1 to help out a Mopar Brother., where do I send the money paypal?

$10K! I guess this means you all won't be packed in a VW Beetle begging for food...that's a good thing!

Lol.....no, and that would have never been the case...ultimately if the Hemi Ram got repo'd I would have let it go, and bought a older, lower priced family hauler....cause we still owe $24K on it.

I just got a job offer with a Military Contractor (Lear-Sigler) at the Air Force Base 8 miles out of town, starting at $29.00/hr or $55K/yr....maintaining/delivering/inspecting servicing equipment for the UAV Predator Drones the USAF is recently using so much.

I have not started just yet, because the contract is pending approval....but I have a anticipated start date of 27 July 2009....a few more days out.

Should be good once I get started.

I found employment with the local Ford Dealership as a Service Tech, and just got my first real/full paycheck and netted $1496 for (2) weeks!...yaaaa I can pay some late bills! :cheers:

Don't worry about me too much, I am about the most resilient person you could ever meet....I can rub 2 nickels together and make a quarter...do it a couple of times then when I rub the quarters together I can make a $1 bill..I have a nice cache of parts cars, big boy toys, and assets I can sell to get needed money when the absolute need presents itself.

I just try hard not to go into debt.....debt is the root of all evil.
The only thing I have financed is my Hemi Ram, and my house...and the rest is owned free and clear.

thanks for the concern though.

This car just wasn't meant to be....there will be plenty others to ponder more indepth at a later time....Might even find one that is better.

-
Back