need a favor from someone with a milodon pan

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
hey friends

I dropped of my 360 at MRL last week to get rebuild
I had written down all the dimensions so I could build a little cradle for it when I'm ready to pick it up and sure enough, I cant find the scrap of paper I wrote it on

now, the engine has the milidon 30941 pan on it
http://www.jegs.com/i/Milodon/697/3...3&cadevice=c&gclid=CL6y1-u1hMcCFVNufgodQTsFtA

what I want to build is simply this

My 408 rode home in the back of a pickup strapped to this. It took about 20 minutes to build.

3B843815-0BA7-46E3-AB50-94B02F29DECC_zps7juywxww.jpg

A83A06B9-17A7-410E-93B3-41BEC649E3E5_zpsbu8ix09w.jpg

so, I would need to following measurements, the distance between the legs(side to side) so that the pan rail with rest on the legs, the length of the block so I can space out the legs side to side
and the height of the pan so I know how tall I need to build this little frame

THANKS

Which oil pan are you talking about? The road race pan is wider than the other pans and the depth is different on each.

I just built mine the other week. IIRC, it was about 10" apart.

Which oil pan are you talking about? The road race pan is wider than the other pans and the depth is different on each.

I'm not sure what model it is, I'm sure it is not the road race pan though

but all SBM pans should be the same width on the rails right?
that is the section I need to know, and then I just need to know the length of the block and the height of the pan

really, the only number that is specific to the milodon pan is the height, everything else is determined by the block

thanks

was that a milodon oil pan?

remember how high it needed to be?

No, it was a truck pan but the rails have to be the same. The only thing you have to worry about is the kick out on the deep sump but if you build it like in the pic, you can put the legs on either side of it.

I built mine out of 2x10 so it was 10" off the ground, no idea how tall that Milodon pan is but I can't see it being more than 12".

-
Back