need a little help here

-

alsdemon

Reaction score
next door neibor has a 92 150 2wheel 318 inj. has a stumble when cold or under slite load highway in o/drive. has new coil went bad would not start till new coil was installed. now has a stumble when taking off or highway speed low rpms.find after more gas is given. fuel presser check find.new cap rotor and plugs. will a dist. from 98 dak. 318 work in this or needs to be closer in years. no check engine light on. he said it,s getting worse day by day it,s his work truck and is driven daily 30 miles or more daily. thanks for the help.

Redfish called ignition wire already.

Suggest: Check vacuum advance on distributor. Check O2 sensor & connection. Check vacuum hoses and T-s to make sure all connected and nothing split or cracked.

thats a big 10 4 i will check tomorrow for all of the above to dark right now i will give it the spray test, maybe some propate for vac leaks. thanks

yes it has new wires, we pulled the cap and there was a little bit of oil in the dist. clean it out .i lent him make scanner, it has a record mode so we will see what might show up.

a little up date we swap a dist. fron his dakota the hep was differant or the plug was. the old dist. had oil in it. then we reset timing. had to move the shaft in the motor and after all of that seemed to run real nice no more miss at low rpm. so far so good will know beter this week end when we go tow the daytona home 100 mile trip.thanks for all the help.

-
Back