need a picture of bracket

-

7demon2

Registered User #1824
Reaction score
allright i need a simple picture of the back radio bracket (brace) that runs off the side of the radio and helps hold it straight in the dash. i have the bracket but for the life of me i cannot remember how it is supposed to attach to the lower dash. tha brace is found on all stock radios , am or fm. at least 70-76 maybe earlier

I was just working on my radio tonight. Mine is not installed yet but I do have the bracket and will take a picture of it and how it was mounted on mine tomorrow and will post it for you.

Here are some pictures of the bracket. The two big tabs hang on the outside of the lip under the dash and the little one is on the inside. There is a little hole in the lip and it looks like a screw holds the two big tabs. Mine has some scratches on the back side of the tabs that look like they're from a washered screw but I don't remember taking one out from back there.

DSC00222.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

Hope these do the trick for you.

:scratch: I've been watching this thread for pix also. I'll be interested in what 7demon2's response is to the pix you posted.

Just put the radio in the Demon recently. The bracket I have looks nothing like that...........Believe it's mounted on the radio correctly (passenger side of the radio), but can't really figure out where it hooks to under the dash either?

Here is a pic from an ebay listing of what my Demon bracket looks like.....

Radio Bracket.jpg

hey thanks for the pics BigRichieO. unfortunatly that is not the right bracket i need. mine runs from the side of the radio so i guess 69 on back is different. the picture i need is going to show how it is mounted to the lower dash. this is what i cant seem to remember .....thanks for trying

:scratch: I've been watching this thread for pix also. I'll be interested in what 7demon2's response is to the pix you posted.

Just put the radio in the Demon recently. The bracket I have looks nothing like that...........Believe it's mounted on the radio correctly (passenger side of the radio), but can't really figure out where it hooks to under the dash either?

Here is a pic from an ebay listing of what my Demon bracket looks like.....

that is the bracket i have as well. it attaches to the side of the radio, but from there i am lost as well.....

Here's what the passenger side floor mat sees...
DSC04535.JPG
If you need a different view of it, let me know and I'll see what I can manage.

DSC04535.JPG

:thumbrig: I like that floor mat view.........thanks much

Will try again tomorrow to hook it up.

Glad to be of assistance. :)

Seeing the picture reminds me that I have to put the antenna lead wire back into that J-clip.

-
Back