need a picture please

-

mopar56

Reaction score
I am helping my son get his 70 Duster on the road and need a few pictures of how the power steering brackets go, when he got the car it didn't have a motor in it, it is a factory 318 p/s car the factory pump, ( old style ) is there, we have most or all the brackets I think but just need some pics to put the puzzle together, it is not an A/C car if that makes a difference, thanks

71 Valiant 318 car...

DSC09452 b.jpg

DSC09453 b.jpg

DSC09454 b.jpg

Krazycuda thank you for the pics, BTW, I did Google it in images for over a half hour but could not get a close up that I needed like the one just posted, mine is slightly different though as we have the older style pump ( Federal maybe? ) and it has a slightly different style bracket, I don't seem to have the inner bracket right behind the front plate? and it looks like your rear bracket is bolted to the pump where as mine is part of the front bracket in other words all in one, I will see if I can post a pic later as I am off to work now, thanks

Which water pump are you running?? The brackets are water pump specific, so if you have an aluminum water pump, you need the brackets for a car running that pump, and such if you have a cast iron pump! They are different!!

Looks like by his picture, he is running the later model aluminum water pump. You have the pump and wrong brackets.

OK should have said the motor is 1980 vintage I have a later p/s pump I could use why won't this work ? Because the cast iron pump is different?
Yes the 69 and earlier SB set up is all different. The W/P, P/S pump,A/C was a single pulley, pullies, etc.

OK well according to those photos mine is definitely the later style with aluminum pump but different than the photo posted earlier by Krazy Cuda if that's correct dose someone have a photo of that?

OK I got it thanks Krazy Cuda for the photos when I got home and looked at thus the light came on! It's the same as the photo cosgig posted thank you as well your first photo is the same as my pump but bolts up the same as Krazy Cudas photo I'm just missing a bushing but found one that will work...I got this,

Ok, got er done! went back out to the shop after Survivor and finished up by 11pm, now just need the alternator back from the repair shop where its getting freshened up and things are mostly back in place in the engine compartment, getting close now, as usual this turned out to be a bigger project than planned, lol

-
Back