Need a radiator, aluminum or stock

-

1966 dart wagon

Reaction score
Hey guys, my current radiator in my cuda is for an auto so it has the trans cooler lines on it, i think its for a six, and it has 73 duster wrote on it(prolly from a junk yard). well at the top of the radiator it has 2 small cracks so when i drive it, it leaks out. My dad says i need a new one, or at least fix the one in there. Well i was thinking of putting in a Be cool universal radiator, the ford/chrysler 134-65006

Overall: 26x19
Core: 20x17
My gap for the radiator is exactly 22x22 , so i presume that is the biggest radiator i can put in it. I would like to put this radiator in my cuda, i doesnt have a trans cooler, but i would have bought a manual one anyways cause i might swap then put a extermal cooler. What do you guys think about that. o and its $250

But i also have the radiator from my dart, its for a slant six first off, if that will even work but the dart was manual so i'll need to use an external cooler for the trans. i had the radiator recored from the accident costed me $200 so i figured maybe i could use it, its like new.

In the future i'm going to swap a 360 into my cuda so also concider that. now that i think of it the 360 only needs a timing chain, but i was gonna rebuild it, hell maybe i should just throw a timming chain on her a 4bbl and run that ha, ok what do you guys think of this setup, sorry i typed so much.

Look at the Summit radiators, they are about $160-$170. You'll still need an external cooler, but they are much cheaper. Oh, and buy one for a GM if your running a small block. The Ford/Mopar ones only work with our big blocks.

yeah i see, i just looked at the jeggs ones and yeah the ford/chrysler ones are for bb, thanks for reminding me haha, should i try and fit the biggest one i can in there, like have the core as big as possible. I'll go check out the measurements tomorrow with the car and what will work. I think i'll have to relocate the battery, well i was going to anyways :toothy7:

Remember how our engines are offset so when getting the biggest one the shroud becomes an issue. you don't want that fan hitting it then grenading your nice shiny new rad. I got my rad\ shroud from Jeg's for like 180$ and had a friend tig some tabs on it to mount. With a flexalite fan it runs ~180 in the summer in traffic...hasn't run hot yet.

http://www.usradiator.com/cplymouth.htm

35450.gif

i stuck a griffin from summit in my dart.. 24x19 it was about $180.. it works great . you have your choice of where the inlets and outlets are...

-
Back