Need a set of rally mirrors for Duster

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The re pops suck.

Do they?? I was curious as to the quality....I have a NOS drivers side but need a passenger side and was thinking about selling NOS one to buy a pair of re-pops....but not if the quality is crappy....What is wrong with them?

Do they?? I was curious as to the quality....I have a NOS drivers side but need a passenger side and was thinking about selling NOS one to buy a pair of re-pops....but not if the quality is crappy....What is wrong with them?

After about a year the chrome starts to peel off. If you do a search on here you'll see examples of member buying them and the quality you get.

After about a year the chrome starts to peel off. If you do a search on here you'll see examples of member buying them and the quality you get.

If the chrome peels off that easily, why not have it all taken off and painted the color of the car?

What year? 73 up have a longer cable the 71 back

Actually it's not a year but model specific. Dusters and Demons use the long cable from 70-up to clear the one piece glass. Darts use the short cable cause they can run right under the wing window these are also used on 70 b-body. That is the difference..

Actually it's not a year but model specific. Dusters and Demons use the long cable from 70-up to clear the one piece glass. Darts use the short cable cause they can run right under the wing window these are also used on 70 b-body. That is the difference..

Do these look like an E-Body mirror? I have a chrome set that came with a 70 Dart I bought and I have not had a chance to run the numbers from them.

I have a reproduction Sport mirror,and the chrome and finish of it is flawless.
Actually was pleasantly surprised on how well it was built.
I have no problem putting these on a car,over a peppered set of old chrome Mopar mirrors.
As fars as the chrome goes,I've had no problems with it.
Maybe because my cars are garaged,and I don't 4x4 in the Applachian mountains ?

Your wrong the 73 up are at a different location in the car and take a longer cable. I have the originals on all my 71 Dusters and Demons they have short cables. I also have several extra painted sets from both early and late I usually get $80 for a nice set . Sport mirrors were never on wing window cars. But you can look somewhere else so there is no confusion that may lead to problems. Have a nice day. Steve

Actually it's not a year but model pecific. Dusters and Demons use the long cable from 70-up to clear the one piece glass. Darts use the short cable cause they can run right under the wing window these are also used on 70 b-body. That is the difference..

Passenger side top is same as 70 ebody...which is why i'm still looking for a top for my challenger...got the base just need the top

By the above statement please dont think i am trying to step in front of dusterny

Johnny I'm thinking along the same lines, and I will eventual rechrome my original mirrors. Is there one vendor that you prefer or had better luck with?

Johnny I'm thinking along the same lines, and I will eventual rechrome my original mirrors. Is there one vendor that you prefer or had better luck with?

Honestly,they are probably made from the same manufacturer,and then farmed out to all the middle men. YearOne had a killer deal going on the drivers side
A-body mirror,but they were on back order. I say go with where you can get it the cheapest.

Passenger side top is same as 70 ebody...which is why i'm still looking for a top for my challenger...got the base just need the top

By the above statement please dont think i am trying to step in front of dusterny

They are different. Abody ones are the exact same as b body ones. E body are not pointed on the end

Your wrong the 73 up are at a different location in the car and take a longer cable. I have the originals on all my 71 Dusters and Demons they have short cables. I also have several extra painted sets from both early and late I usually get $80 for a nice set . Sport mirrors were never on wing window cars. But you can look somewhere else so there is no confusion that may lead to problems. Have a nice day. Steve

Sorry I was told that information years ago and went with it. I have since done some research and You are wrong. You could get Rallye or Racing
mirrors on vent windowed Darts. You can click the link below and read the dealer information for yourself,it shows the factory options and costs.....

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads...er=7557311&page=0&vc=1&PHPSESSID=#Post7557311

SB75SM:
Which car are you referring to? I'm looking for a passenger side mirror for my 70 Duster. If the E-body mirrors fit, my search will be easier.

I have a pair of factory 71 sport mirrors.I'll get pics tomorrow and email them to you.PM me if you're interested.They're painted,not chrome.They came off a Duster and I was going to use them on my 71 Demon.Don't really need em though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back