Need a snappy comeback

-
I had a guy at a local show ask me to open my hood when I told him my car had a 340. I told him it was not much to look at. He was excited to see it and tell his kid about how bad *** 340's are. Ended up being a pretty nice guy with a big block Satellite. Made a new car show friend!

Better to be polite than to be a smart *** and piss off a potential car buddy, part supplier, or assistant wrench turner.

I had a guy at a local show ask me to open my hood when I told him my car had a 340. I told him it was not much to look at. He was excited to see it and tell his kid about how bad *** 340's are. Ended up being a pretty nice guy with a big block Satellite. Made a new car show friend!

Better to be polite than to be a smart *** and piss off a potential car buddy, part supplier, or assistant wrench turner.

Not many folk like you left Brian. That's why people are intimidated to talk to guys at car shows with nice cars. Granted there are a lot of total dickheads out there but the majority of people just want to learn. Guess if you want to be a stuffy smart *** buy a porshe or Ferrari so when you break down nobody wants to help because you should already have it covered.

I can understand the being nice to people who ask, and I always am when people come up at the local gas station, but it does get annoying when they ask what motor's in my '65 gt and I tell them it's got the original 273. They always lose all interest and walk away

If it is bored out give them the adjusted CI. Tell them its a 321 and get some funny looks. I recently went to a car show asked a guy about something cool done on his car. Gave me a quick rude answer and walked away. Same show a few guys got 3rd place, accepted their throphy, walked to back of the lot and threw the throphy in the trash. Im always polite and talk and listen to all the "I use to have one of those" stories.. I enjoy cruise-in much more.

-
Back