Need A Trailer Title In NJ

-

SpeedThrills

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm going to look at a twin axle, open car trailer tomorrow. It needs work, and there's no title because the owner died and it can't be found.
The price is $375!
Anyone familiar with what it takes to get a title for a trailer in New Jersey?

Varies from state to state

Over in Idaho, a flatbed such as that would have no title. It was sold to me with just a bill of sale

In titled states, someone must have legal authority to the estate. They can file at the state DMV for lost title. Generally, the owner must file, in this case whoever has authority for the estate. They should know that

Anyone familiar with what it takes to get a title for a trailer in New Jersey?
Connections and money (maybe). Titleless boats, trailers, cars, ect are worth less than scrap weight. They generally get junked, parted, or sold out of state. I got a titleless boat that I tried like hell for years before paying someone to junk it.

If it is rated for less than 10,000lbs (GVW) in the state of NJ it will not have a title. It will have what is call a none titled registration ( that is Key). So in order to get the trailer into your name. You would need the most recent registration card from the owner and notarized bill of sale.

Thanks
James

-
Back