Need a vehicle shipped

-

AnotherA

Reaction score
Has anyone used a shipping company to get a vehicle moved?
If so who?

Trying to get a vehicle shipped from Scottsdale AZ to my front door in Silver Lake, Mn or close by.

I'm waiting to hear back from a dealer in Montevideo to see if he can get it on a shipment back up.

The seller has access to some dealer network used to ship vehicles and has a bid in to get it shipped to me.

I'm looking for more options that won't cost me $800 or more.

Any help would be appreciated.

Call Dean 612-747-0923. Great guy. He hauled mine from Co to Ind. Beautiful enclosed hauler and he covers each car he ships.

Jim

Really take into consideration all the pros/cons of shipping with a commercial multi-car carrier vs private parties with single or dual car trailers.

Large commercial carriers "usually" have a better price but sometimes the work is farmed out to different haulers and there can be multiple segments of a trip with your car being loaded and unloaded several times. This can also include stays in different holding yards as well. Although these carriers/middlemen are insured/bonded, read the fine print very well in case there is a problem or damage.

As far as private parties (with single/dual trailers), I have had really good luck with them over the years. I have used one gentleman who has a sleeper where the rear window faces his trailer and he covers the cars with one of his covers when he has to stop or there is an option to send him one and he will use that one. Some private parties are not insured/bonded and if something did happen ... well, I don't want to think about it. One other positive is that the cars I had transported were loaded and never came off the trailer until they arrived. I like not having my vehicles loaded and unloaded several times. It just seems like there are more chances for something to happen.

In the end, do what you are most comfortable with. I know money is a factor (which it is for most of us). Please just look into all the aspects of hauling with different types of vendors.

Thanks for that input. The more I think about it the more I'm leaning in the direction of paying more to have it shipped by a bonded private company.

Thanks for that input. The more I think about it the more I'm leaning in the direction of paying more to have it shipped by a bonded private company.

Again, read the fine print in case something goes wrong (especially such things as "Acts of God", etc). Just because someone is insured/bonded, doesn't mean they wull automatically cover you if there is a specific type of issue. Make sure you understand that part of the contract with whomever you choose.

My cous has bought a pickup in Arizona and will be flying out and driving back. He might help with your effort if you could by a trailer to haul it on and sell it when you get it home. He could bring it as far as West Plains, Mo maybe. Just an idea. It maybe this weekend he's doing this so time is of the essence.
Small Block

-
Back