Need a windshield !!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey John, check you local auto glass dealer. You might not only be surprised at what they can get but also the price. I live in Irwin Pa. and I bought a windshield for my 70' Dart for $129.00 and that was installed!!!!!!! Dave

I've been shopping around for one for my 65 Dart (same windshield) and the going price is about $220 for just the glass and $65 for the install. A year or so ago they were half this price.

Used would work,I started the car to use as a driver and the more I get into it the more I want it perfect.New York is a bit far as I am in Md.I would be willing to travel to Philly if its in great shape and the price is right.Thanks,John

It's used and used is 43 years old with all the wear that comes with 43 years. Get a new one if you want perfect. There is no such thing as a perfect used 40 year old windshield .

On Ebay there is a NOS 66 Cuda windshield for $200. The auction is good for another 12hrs.
8)

the car i looked at yesterday the windshield was broken,,,usually used ones are fogged up,,,from being a 2 piece glass with plastic in the middle,, hard to find an orignal not fogging around the edges,,

Good point about the 41 year old part. Mine is foggy around the edges not broken. Thanks for the input, John

My 43 year old used ones are good for a daily driver that is used and abused .they aren't foggy around the edges but there is 43 years worth of sand blasting them on the hi way and that kind of thing. I use 'em in my beaters

Well, I just got my new windshield in. Cost $380 total installed with the gasket for a PPG. I must say the PRP gasket is not a great fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back