Need Advice: member not sending my parts

-
Sure is butt ugly, Kind of reminds me of a rat I saw floating in the crapper once but it didn't have teeth.:evil2::evil2::evil2::evil2:

Terry

I'm not suggesting anything in particular, but just to share my experience.....

I'm usually quite quick about parts deals, but recently I bought something off someone on here and it was just bad timing. It took me forever to get a cheque mailed off and the seller got rather annoyed with me. I just had too much coming down the pipe and I couldn't deal with it all.

Sometimes people just need a little time.

I was just checking if this has been resolved yet.:clock:
I see it has not. Hope this guy gets his priorities strait soon.
A few hundred dollars would sure enough get me to stand up too.
Sorry you have to go though this BS.

It sucks when you have a problem like this and there is no excuse for the seller to at least return the phone call or e mail to reassure you that the transaction is going to be completed properly. Doesen't take too much time for someone to respond by phone or e mail. I don't know how long it has been but if it is more than 3 weeks I would do something else.
In what form did you make payment!
Depending on how you made the payment for the item you may be able to do something. I bought a tunnelram setup from a guy and paid through paypal in which the funds were electronically taken from my bank account. Well to make a long story short I never received my item, filed with paypal, won the dispute but paypal says the guy has no money in his account so basically I was **** out of luck! Well I contacted my bank and they say sure we can do something! By midnight the money was back in my bank account and the Bank made paypal pay up!
The bank said being the seller failed to ship me my item they considered it a NON AUTHORIZED TRANSACTION and paypal had to give the money back and then it is up to paypal to collect from the deadbeat seller! Well paypal suspended my account until there investigtion is over but I really don't care I am not using them anymore anyways.
They lead you to believe that by using them you are makinfg SAFE transactions but you are not SAFE! They are not going to do JACKSHIT for the buyer! I have made a LOT of internet transactions,over 500 through Ebay all 100% positive, and numerous through classified adds, craigslist etc and this was the only time I had a problem. It has made me lot more cautious as to who I do business with. I think for the most part most sellers and buyers are OK and honest people but there are a few that screw everything up for the good people out there. Hope everything works out well for you and either you get what you paid for or get your money back.

Good Luck

Bobby

thanks for the toughts and well wishes - still no word from the seller but today is another Friday so all i can hope is that today will be the day.

I'll keep everyone posted - with good news or bad

Call him out.
I respect the idea of pleasantries, but if this guy has had WEEKS, and is not acting then it is time for you to act. If he was not ready to sell the parts then
the parts should not have been offered in the first place!
It is easy for someone to say "give him time" but it is YOUR MONEY, and the parts should not be offered if he cannot complete the transaction within a reasonable amount of time.
Do not accept the excuses, and let him know it is time.

Hope it works out in your favor.

I have had good dealings with everyone I ever dealt with.

One guy even gave me stuff for the price of shipping only.

I don't know if it is because I make sure I tell them up front that if they rip me off I will hunt them down and kill them. LOL!

I am having a similar problem from a guy called BADAZDART, he has apparently ripped off a few people at BBD, and now he has my money, but I have nothing in return.

All that crap about personal problems, needing more time, too much going on, blah, blah, blah, is just total BS.

Anybody that takes money and gives nothing in return is a no-good lowlife scumbag. Sorry, but that's really just all there is to it. :thebirdm:

thanks for the toughts and well wishes - still no word from the seller but today is another Friday so all i can hope is that today will be the day.

I'll keep everyone posted - with good news or bad

OK, I know it's been a few days since the initial post on this, but how long has it been since cash was sent up to today? If you can't resolve this via phone calls and e-mails, send him a registered letter (delivery confirmation ) stating that you WILL contact the post office and report him as mail fraud. If that threat doesn't motivate him, them proceed through those channels. And when you send the letter, make sure it's a carbon-copy duplicate of the original that you have in possession.... and have it notarized too.

I had mentioned to Patrick that I myself in the past have had situations were I was late as much as 2 weeks getting e-Bay stuff in the mail, but I'm talking snow storms, illness, and crazy work/social schedules that slowed me up. Not everyone has the luxury of being spot-on with delivering the goods. But if this has dragged on for more than 2 weeks, and we're not talking about $50.... threaten legal action. That's going to resolve your problem faster and more efficiently than slamming the seller here.

If legal action is required, then we'll warn the others of whom the delinquent seller is.

BTW: I must have missed 73VAswngr's avatar.... Now I'm curious.

thats pretty messed up ! thats why i am glad i drive a truck ... i would go to his freakin house and knock on the door !

i apologize to the forum for language used...i am getting really fed up with hearing about the scammers...i'm having a little problem with a purchase i recently made...(can u tell i'm a little bitter)...we need to get these names out there before multiple people get burned...my guy has 7 days before i start spillin the beans...

No problem Doug. I just want to keep it like a Burlesques show, and not a Whorehouse :-D

As I posted previously, send a notarized letter stating legal action. That usually puts a small flame under their tail. It helps motivate people....

Parts are in the mail...i'll feel better when i have them in my hands though!!!!

And thanks to all for the suggestions and ideas. A very frustrating experience that appears to strike a nerve with many others...

And there's no need for me to expose the name of the individual since the matter has been resolved.

Fastback you have a way with words.......LOL:cheers: Good job keeping the peace with a sense of humour!!! Keep it like a burlesques show and not a whorehouse.....good one:cheers:

Parts are in the mail...i'll feel better when i have them in my hands though!!!!

And thanks to all for the suggestions and ideas. A very frustrating experience that appears to strike a nerve with many others...

And there's no need for me to expose the name of the individual since the matter has been resolved.

I'm happy to hear that this might all be resolved in a few days. Yes... there's always those moments of anxiety waiting for stuff to come in the mail. I've had sweaty palms over things I've bought too.... Like the bench seat for my car. I bought it from a woman in Washington state and she sent it via Greyhound. Took 3 weeks to get here... Then there was the time I bought a fairly expensive Bass guitar that took forever to get here. One excuse after another. And then there was the time I ordered a set of rotors for my old Nissan SE-R and got jerked around for almost 2 months...

See? It's not just you. And like I said before, I've had circumstances that held me up from shipping stuff too. But all in all, I NEVER got burned and I never burned anyone. Hopefully this will end well.

And no one was outted! :cheers:

Fastback you have a way with words.......LOL:cheers: Good job keeping the peace with a sense of humour!!! Keep it like a burlesques show and not a whorehouse.....good one:cheers:

Thanks Dude... I *try* and keep a happy mood here for everyone. Even when everything seems like it's going to Hell in flames, I try and find humor in it all. :-D

Did you use PayPal to make the transaction?

If you did contact them and place a claim.

It's a good idea to have a third party involved so they can be a "witness" that the transaction has occurred. I had a problem with someone on ebay and PayPal refunded my money. I don't believe I would have got my money back if it wasn't for PayPal.

Let this be a lesson to all members here. We're a good bunch of people, who should bend over backwards to help our fellow members. But I will tell you all right now, if I buy from you, and you don't have the decency to communicate a problem that will delay shipping...you will be outed right away, with no thought for your reputation. I have tried to be a good seller, and everything I've bought from members here has been quick, and accurate. Lets keep our great reputation intact for many years to come.

-
Back