Need advice on a car I’m looking at

-

Queen

Reaction score
1989 Grand Jeep wagoner … it looks like a great throw back paneled wagon…. It has a rebuilt engine 361 cid…. Does that mean anything to anyone? I’d really like to use the car not just store it.

It looks like there was at one time a 361 which became the 383, so that would make it a B engine.

BUT I suspect it's a SB 360 and some one just fat fingered. (5.9l is 360)

Is dist in front of back?

Screenshot_20230306-135206.png

There are a couple FSJ specific forums. fsjnetwork.com and ifsja.com I've had a few of these over the years (I prefer the earlier Kaiser era with the Buick engine, but nothing wrong with the AMC powerplants) Being an 89 you have an AMC 360, 727Torqueflite, and most likely an NP229 transfer case. This was the final form, mechanically they didn't change much after 79, and 91 was the last year.

If you buy it, you can be instant best friends with my neighbor Bill2, he loves old Wagoneers. He completely rebuilt his, which was nice already, but now has a mean *** 340 in it, but looks bone stock. There’s another one I see on my way to a job in the city, over Christmas they had it all adorned with Christmas decorations out in front of their house. If you like it, I say go for it, they hold a lot of value.

I had one years ago, reliable old rigs and comfortable, all power, 360 auto, you could not get it stuck in normal driving, snow etc.

-
Back