-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Crowell

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I can't find a new air injection pipe for a 1987 318. The pipe goes from the cylinder head to the air pump diverter valve. Would anybody know where to get one, or what the part number is? Thanks very much.

How about a picture? And what vehicle it belongs to. Perhaps there is a solution.

Why not just block it off completely, that was an emissions item and not necessary...

Why not just block it off completely, that was an emissions item and not necessary...
Thanks for your thoughts, krazy, but it is a restored '87 Diplomat former CHP car that is driven every day, and it is subject to California smog control. Hell, even my '77 and '78 Dodges have to be smogged here!

I turned your thread into a wanted ad , you might have better luck that way.

Standard motor parts made them, there’s som e on ebay, as i mentioned a picture would help.
Theres an 87 317 for sale on kijiji that has an air pipe on it,will grab a snapshot. Brb.k im back.
474B5486-80F4-4CA9-B02A-156C53A3A154.png
This it? The pipe inboard of driver’s side valve cover.
23,000 miles on engine.

I have one on a 1978 engine, but I swear it's on the passenger side...did they flip flop sides from 78 to 89?

I’ll take pictures and u name a fair price...tonight

I’ll take pictures and u name a fair price...tonight
Idk if you are talking to me or not...but here is what a 1978 looks like. Deff on the passenger side. Ignore the "egr light" lol. sorry, probably doesn't help ya.

20171220_160701.jpg

Yes sir....
I walked outside with good intentions for ya buddy, but i can't even see the bolt heads, and i don't think i'm going to get it out of a 45 year old exhaust manifold for ya in one piece...its in a running/driving project. If i have the engine out, it'd be a different story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back