-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1966DartGT

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Anyone have an alternator/ and or bracket for a 1966 Dart Gt with a 225 Slant 6?

I got a motor from an A-100 and just learned that I need a diferent bracket!
:cheers:
Thanks!

Drew

Guessing you "need" a different bracket because the A100 mounts the alternator on the manifold side of the block while the passenger cars had it over on the distributor side, so your alternator hookup wires are in the wrong place for the alternator in the A100 location. If you don't have power steering or A/C you can leave the alternator in the manifold-side location and simply reroute the alternator hookup wires (do this thoughtfully from the firewall directly; make them shorter and not longer). If you do have P/S or A/C, you will need the lower alternator bracket as well as the upper one shown by 48Limo. Get them from any year slant-6 that has the alternator on the distributor side. As for an alternator, go get a new one (not "remanufactured" garbage) from Old Car Parts Northwest. 46A max unless you are upgrading the charging system as described here.

Yep that looks likethe right one 48Limo.

However, you are exactly right Dan. Maybe I dont need it after all...I dont have A/C or power steering and the alternator on the A-100 motor looks quite nice.. I will work on rerouting the wires the thoughful way to the manifold side to make the current alternator work.

Thanks very much for info, I cant wait to get my Dart running. My parts pile is amassing. Will prep the engine bay and change the oil pan from the A-100 to the Dart oil pan as soon as I can

Thank you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back