Need brake line diameter....

-
Yup. The trick is the nuts. Many of the flare nuts, like at the master or at the prop valve, are NOT standard 3/16 tube nuts. They often are special nuts

Not super special, there are just different standard tube-nut sizes for 3/16" tubing and that continued into the 1990's. They do that so you won't connect a tube to the wrong port. You can buy all on ebay, or just keep a box of brake tubes w/ nuts from PicNPull like I do.

For those w/ early A's (not OP), be careful that the single brake tube from your MC is 1/4" and that top port on the distribution block will accept a 3/16" tube-nut, but you cannot connect 3/16" tube to that port since the internal flare does not match. You must use a 1/4 M to 3/16" F inv flare adapter, which you can buy in a bubble pack at Autozone.

BTW, around 2000 most cars changed to "bubble-flare" brake fittings and those tube-nuts are a different thread (metric). The "6 mm" tubing works as 3/16" brake tubing, if you cut off the bubble flare and dbl-flare the tube w/ an SAE tube-nut. At least I did since I used some brake tubing from an Intrepid w/ neat stainless mesh flexible sections.

OORRRRR buy a set of stainless steel pre bent lines and make it life time deal with russel lines in the front like I am doing.

-
Back