[WANTED] Need driveshaft for 1968 dart 8 3/4" rear

-

1968 Dart 270

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi,I found factory original a body 8 3/4" rear for my 68 Dart. I am looking for a factory original 8 3/4" driveshaft that would work so i can just swap the rear and driveshaft in one fell swoop and get back on tbe road without without having to take my old 7 1/4" one someplace and have it modified . MUST BE LOCATED IN SOCAL. PLEASE REPLY BY PM.THANK YOU

You also need to specify which transmission is in the car (833, 904, 727) since they are all different lengths.

You also need to specify which transmission is in the car (833, 904, 727) since they are all different lengths.
Thanks "Professor",sorry for the oversight. It's a 1968 Dart 270 with 273 v8 with a904 torqueflite automatic. Meant to put that but hurried and forgot. 2dr hardtops and 4 dr sedans both have the same driveshaft length correct?

Last edited:
I also need a drive shaft for a 1968 Dart 2 door HT. 904 transmission and 8 3/4. Or does anyone have what the length measurement should be for this combination? Would anyone be interested in shipping one to Oklahoma?
I'm pretty sure it's against policy to put your own wanted requests in someone else's wanted to buy ad. Its easy enough to post your own ad. This is also why people with an item the thread starter is looking for shouldn't reply to the thread publicly but use the private message feature. If you're offering a part to someone who posted an ad,it should be to them alone.posting that you have something publically just encourages others looking for the same thing to reply by pm trying to get it. This seems to be a common occurance though.
Anyway,if you have one in *southern California* (palm springs,orange county,Inland empire,los angeles) where I can pick it up, send a private message. It wouldn't be cost effective to have something shipped from.new.jersey and stuff outside of California often has serious rust issues.

Last edited:
Pictures
20240915_085259_HDR.jpg
20240915_085314_HDR.jpg
20240915_085314_HDR.jpg
20240915_085324_HDR.jpg
20240915_085411_HDR.jpg
20240915_085531_HDR.jpg
20240915_085324_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's against policy to put your own wanted requests in someone else's wanted to buy ad. Its easy enough to post your own ad. This is also why people with an item the thread starter is looking for shouldn't reply to the thread publicly but use the private message feature. If you're offering a part to someone who posted an ad,it should be to them alone.posting that you have something publically just encourages others looking for the same thing to reply by pm trying to get it. This seems to be a common occurance though.
Yes, it does occur way too much but when it does, if members would report it, it will usually get taken care of rather quickly. There's only a few mods trying to make sure a huge site run smoothly but we also have lives of our own (for the most part) and can't always be on the site.

Yes, it does occur way too much but when it does, if members would report it, it will usually get taken care of rather quickly. There's only a few mods trying to make sure a huge site run smoothly but we also have lives of our own (for the most part) and can't always be on the site.
Yes,it's definetly not the fault of the moderators. People just don't seem to read what people post and do what they want. It's happened so far everytime I've posted a wanted ad here. Human nature I guess.

Last edited:
Yes,it's definetly not the fault of the moderators. People just don't seem to read what people post and do what they want. It's happened so far everytime I've posted a wanted ad here. Human nature I guess.
I'll put you on my follow list and maybe I can be better at cleaning up your future ads....

PLEASE! If you have one for sale follow the instructions in my post and SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE as I requested at rhe beginning of the thread. DO NOT repliy publically here!. People keep posting "I have one" publicly which is the same as advertising it to the general public.other people looking for the same item send pms to the person through my ad and then suddenly the item being offered to me,that im already communicating with the seller about with privately is gone. It defeats the whole purpose of my posting a wanted to buy ad,where the item is supposed to be offered to the person who is looking for the item and created the ad solely.
Everytime I've posted an ad the same thing happens. This site has a for sale section to offer items to the general public.
This driveshaft is the last piece I need to finally get this car back on the road after its been sitting for 6 months and its frustrating to lose a part because other people are sending pms trying to get something that was offered to me.here because it was posted PUBLICALLY instead of sending me a PM.
I really hope to get this car completed soon,it was my daily driver and will be again,if I can ever get this last piece! So close.....

Last edited:
-
Back