[WANTED] Need gas pedal assembly and other misc items for 1971 Plymouth duster 340

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

sassygrnduster

abodyrulz
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi, I’m in search for a gas pedal assembly for my 1971 Plymouth duster , brought it to a in town mechanic for work and now it’s missing. Also a glove box door, interior plastic trim that goes from dash to headliner on the front driver and passenger side if anyone has one and some clips for the heater box that seals the two pieces togather. Does anyone know what this rod connects too that’s coming out my heater box and how to connect the cover to the heater box in pic 2. Been building this car since I was young and still don’t know how everything works. Thanks.
13850D21-AEF2-4583-9979-FA964CCB7532.jpeg
9515F02C-F952-4717-9819-15CB6AEDCBE1.jpeg

The rod is part of the hanger assembly that hooks into the hole back up behind the dash when the box is mounted. I can help with misc heater box parts and probably glove box door - although there are several versions (with fake woodgrain trim, without, etc) PM me.

The rod is part of the hanger assembly that hooks into the hole back up behind the dash when the box is mounted. I can help with misc heater box parts and probably glove box door - although there are several versions (with fake woodgrain trim, without, etc) PM me.
Tried pm you but there is no start a conversation button when I click on your name. Can you send me a pm to reply too, thanks

That hole in the metal door should have handle. Word of advise on the clips...relieve some of tension on clips or you will crack the fiberglass housing. They dont need to be that tight. Detroit Muscle technologies sells gasket kits for them.

The rod goes over the lip in the cowl, then you tighten the bolt on the bottom of the box to hold in place. The 4 studs from the blower motor secure the rest of the heater box in place.

You are looking for A- pillar trim that goes on the side of the inside windshield.
What color do you need?

That hole in the metal door should have handle. Word of advise on the clips...relieve some of tension on clips or you will crack the fiberglass housing. They dont need to be that tight. Detroit Muscle technologies sells gasket kits for them.
Can you elaborate on hole in the metal door having a handle please

In your 2nd pic, that is an air door that should open up. BUT BE CAREFUL. The hinges could be rusty/seized and you risk breaking the plastic. The hole in metal panel(door) Should have a knob on it. See pic
Can you elaborate on hole in the metal door having a handle please

20200330_175432.jpg

In your 2nd pic, that is an air door that should open up. BUT BE CAREFUL. The hinges could be rusty/seized and you risk breaking the plastic. The hole in metal panel(door) Should have a knob on it. See pic

View attachment 1715497123
I guess someone already broke where it connects, see pic 1 can I drill and put a screw in the middle hole on the hinge and connect it that way? What opens and closes the door using the handle?

8AEB887C-3293-4CAA-ADF7-909CDCB430C5.jpeg

951EC48B-DEC4-461F-A5A8-2EAE4A4B3AE7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back