Need Help 67 Dart GT peak trim clips?

-

67dartgtgo

Reaction score
I'm having a very hard time finding the fender/door/quarter peak molding clips for my 67 Dart GT and need all the help I can get finding them.
I think they're part# 1000146s but I don't know for sure. These are the nylon pin type with seal that push into the existing holes. They measure 3/4" x 5/8" by my best look and have the bend that fits over the body line. Looks like about sixty to do the whole car.
Any help at all would be great.
Thanks FABO.

vbpgimage.php

Here's a picture of the molding position on the body line.
I believe these clips to be specific to 1967 Dart GT's only but again , not possitive.

I am also looking for those clips for my convertible, I just checked the "The Mopar Shop", did not see any listed for 1967 Dart, do you know what the part number is ?

On my receipt, part # 1000147S '67 Dart GT Side Trim clip Set - $59.95

www.themoparshop.com

I bought them back in 2010, so they may not stock them now.

Maybe email them and see if they have them, just not listed.

Thanks val....the Moparshop still has them on their website under part# 1000147s, however when select it it's unavaillable. I emailed them and asked about it and they replied that it's "not availlable at this time". That was the whole email. So, guessing they don't know when or if it will become availlable.
Also emailed and called Tom at R/T specialties who I know carried them in the past but Tom says he has them ordered from his foriegn supplier and will put them back on his site when they're in. Could be who knows how long though.
Rocky's right though. Mopar part# was 6002172 by the looks.

Still looking for these. if anyone has any leads that would be great.

Brave man to re install the upper trim mouldings! SPENT way too much to have mine redone! I need to post some pics of my car! The clips are out there...The prices being said are correct! I just cant find my receipt! But ya can find em! Good Luck!

Al...they're really not that hard to re-install, with a firm fist OR a rubber mallet....that's how I did mine! Came out great! Try doing the wide rocker moldings....now THAT'S FUN!!!

Here's my receipt....

Attachments

• DartMoldingClipsReceipt.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 321
I have some of the clips I removed initially...that is, the ones that didn't break because they're so brittle. Just don't have enough and would def like a complete new kit if it's possible.
Val, great invoice pic, thanks....I'll contact them once again....you never know I guess.

65val, Ed at The Moparshop got back to me and has found a kit for me. How much do you think?

Once I got the clip kit and all the trim including the grill and GT trunk inset all re-done. It was easy! Installing just flat made me nervous! In the long run it does look great! Just expensive to have straightened and refurbished! Thats why I was nervous!

Supply and demand has made this kit nearly triple in cost. Ed charged me $150. Probably be the last purchase I make from him. I feel a little .....exposed? Violated? I don't know...but I need it and it's a needle in a haystack to find now.

I too am in need of a clip set. I have emailed a couple places suggested here, no response. I guess I will have to find phone numbers and give them a call. I was wondering if a person could use a combination of the clips that have a stud on the back and the spring clips. When I removed the trim it had the stud clips on the rear point of the trim, the front and back of the doors, and the front fenders, there were a few of the spring clips(don't remember where they were located)and the rest were the plastic clips. Is this right?
Aaron

That's exactly right Aaron.
They were hard to find and took a while. Just keep on emailing and asking everywhere you can. I think you'll be able to find them eventually.
I prob would have felt better if the price on the bag my kit came in wasn't on it and it wasn't missing a few clips.
"67 Dart GT, $26.95"
My cost was $150 plus shipping.

-
Back