Need help deciding which car....

-

Duster7286

Reaction score
Need some help, what do you all think?
Faced with question...... which car?

I have a 72 duster slant six,auto, 9in drums, ps - needs patch in front of rear wheel wells, inner fenders, dent in fender- frame and floors great shape.
i removed all interior- bought new seat covers,door panels,dashcap,armrests and alot of other random parts. Always loved Dusters, this is my second one sold the 1970 198 slant I had when I was 16. planned to upgrade to disk brakes and bigger rear

My dad has a 76 volare super six 4spd od 8.25 power disk. black buckets- interior perfect. body pretty good shape, needs small patch in trunk, rocker panels and tops of fenders. he has NOS fenders, louvers for the car. has 40000 original miles.He wants to sell the car- but with the options and condition I have contemplated buying it from him.

I know neither are muscle cars but with a limited budget and a newborn at home thought the volare makes more sense and can still have alot of fun with it. But i almost feel like I failed again- and I need to see it through with the Duster. Wife says to keep Duster- but im torn, which I could have both!!

Suggestions??:dontknow:

You like the duster better, your wife said to keep the duster and you already own it . Sounds easy to me.

Duster. The way you describe it, it sounds like an easy project and you already have momentum on it. And, it sounds like it's what you really like and want.

Just upgrade to disks, but if you're keeping it a /6, why upgrade the rear? I'd cross that off the list if you're keeping it stock and there's nothing wrong with it.

And all this is coming from a guy who really likes '76 Volares! I had a '76 Aspen R/T, they can be neat cars. But, they're no Duster.

P.S. Where are you located and what is he asking for the Volare?

Thanks everyone, think I needed to hear it from you guys!
Only reason I was going to upgrade the rear is to match bolt pattern for front disks.
Dad doesn't have a price set yet- the car is being moved this weekend to his new house once he decides I will post on here- located outside Phila PA

If you don't mind keeping the small bolt pattern, it would probably be easier to just upgrade the front disks in small bolt pattern, like using the Scarebird conversion. Probably the cheapest way overall also.

How much does he want for the Volare vs. how much will it take to finish the Duster? Can you afford both?

Dad decided to keep the Volare after all. Looking at the scarebird setup. (would like to keep sbp as I have sbp rallyes and cragars) .used the search feature but couldnt find any write ups- would like to see some pics/reviews anyone use them?

Would you have to smog check the Volare? It's not as cool as a duster anyway......but that's a cool drivetrain. You should know what I'm thinking......lol

-
Back