Need help deciding which one

-

dodge71demon

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
My suggestion if you can easily 12' $3500 gets this.
Wildfire lifts look them up ....and you don't have to bolt it down it has "skates" so it can be moved.

Well I own a Bend Pac like Jay Leno. He owns 30 plus of them. Mine is a drive on and I wish it was not. Pain in the but to do anything that requires the wheels off the ground.
The Max Jack does not lift the car high enough to do much more than remove the wheels. Other than that it looks like you would be really bent over. I would not want to pull a transmission with that thing.
I don't think the C7000 lifts high enough either.
You want to be able to stand up straight while your under the car.

Well I own a Bend Pac like Jay Leno. He owns 30 plus of them. Mine is a drive on and I wish it was not. Pain in the but to do anything that requires the wheels off the ground.
The Max Jack does not lift the car high enough to do much more than remove the wheels. Other than that it looks like you would be really bent over. I would not want to pull a transmission with that thing.
I don't think the C7000 lifts high enough either.
You want to be able to stand up straight while your under the car.
As I've been there and did that I'm not looking to do any major work just general maintenance - small repairs like brakes and cleaning not that I will be doing it anymore buy I like to drop and install everything from the bottom and this would make it real simple to do age catches up but taking care of stuff still needs done

As long as you get one that will give you full access to the undercarriage and let you take the wheels off you should be good. The biggest question always is if you concrete floor is thick and strong enough to allow the lift to be securely mounted.

As long as you get one that will give you full access to the undercarriage and let you take the wheels off you should be good. The biggest question always is if you concrete floor is thick and strong enough to allow the lift to be securely mounted.
Thanks as my floor is old and not in the best of shape I'll probably cut out a section and repour

I already had ice cream. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Go for the Bend-Pak!

You only get 1 noggin. Go bend pak. My 4 post has a slide rack for jacking a portion of your car off the ramps for brake or suspension work, and removable wheel casters for moving the entire lift single handedly. Operates on 110 with very secure saftey. I went with the wide version and the few extra inches make loading so much easier. When I was shopping everybody was comparing theirs to a bend pak so I bought a bend pak.

Resized_20191103_141736.jpeg

You only get 1 noggin. Go bend pak. My 4 post has a slide rack for jacking a portion of your car off the ramps for brake or suspension work, and removable wheel casters for moving the entire lift single handedly. Operates on 110 with very secure saftey. I went with the wide version and the few extra inches make loading so much easier. When I was shopping everybody was comparing theirs to a bend pak so I bought a bend pak.

View attachment 1715428997
if I only had the room but I don't have to deal with I have

View attachment 1715428997

If I had that much room I would have 3 or 4 Bend Pak units! My Max Jax works really well for any wheel/brake/axle service I need to do, I have done a trans swap with it, no problem, my trans jack fits under the vehicle, exhaust work is also easy to do, it lifts about 4 feet with the standard pads, I have used it to lift a large variety of vehicles, it has very solid secure locks, yes it would be great if it would lift higher, but I only have a 10 foot ceiling, so I can't go any higher anyway. It works on 110v, and is reasonably easy to move when I need to. At 6 foot 7 inches tall, it can be challenging if not impossible to get any hoist to lift high enough for me to stand under.

If I had that much room I would have 3 or 4 Bend Pak units! My Max Jax works really well for any wheel/brake/axle service I need to do, I have done a trans swap with it, no problem, my trans jack fits under the vehicle, exhaust work is also easy to do, it lifts about 4 feet with the standard pads, I have used it to lift a large variety of vehicles, it has very solid secure locks, yes it would be great if it would lift higher, but I only have a 10 foot ceiling, so I can't go any higher anyway. It works on 110v, and is reasonably easy to move when I need to. At 6 foot 7 inches tall, it can be challenging if not impossible to get any hoist to lift high enough for me to stand under.
Well put thanks

I installed a Max Jack at my work and it wasn't the greatest quality IMO. It wouldn't lift even no matter how many times we bled the system. It would work for a few days then lift uneven again. Don't know much about the other brand though.

Just for reference it was removed and now is collecting dust in the corner of our maintenance shop collecting dust and a Bend Pak took its place. Maybe it was just a bad unit but that's our experience with it. A few of our other tool and die guys and millwrights looked at it to try to set it up and weren't impressed. Don't get me wrong, it worked, but I think there' s better units out there.

I'd check online reviews and see what other options are out there that will fit the space you have and your budget.

If you have room I look into Atlas low ceiling hoists. If you have 9ft 3 inches these will work and good price too

2 Post Car Lift, Atlas BP8000 Baseplate, 8,000 lbs. Capacity
Not my company, just a link to what I found doing a search

Last edited:
I installed a Max Jack at my work and it wasn't the greatest quality IMO. It wouldn't lift even no matter how many times we bled the system. It would work for a few days then lift uneven again. Don't know much about the other brand though.

Just for reference it was removed and now is collecting dust in the corner of our maintenance shop collecting dust and a Bend Pak took its place. Maybe it was just a bad unit but that's our experience with it. A few of our other tool and die guys and millwrights looked at it to try to set it up and weren't impressed. Don't get me wrong, it worked,
but I think there' s better units out there.
I'd check online reviews and see what other options are out there that will fit the space you have and your budget.

If you have room I look into Atlas low ceiling hoists. If you have 9ft 3 inches these will work and good price too

2 Post Car Lift, Atlas BP8000 Baseplate, 8,000 lbs. Capacity
Not my company, just a link to what I found doing a search

Thanks for the feedback I have looked at these before and I may go back to the drawing board and consider my options

after looking at every possible solution that I could think of and considering my limitations and needs I just ordered the Jaxmax from Jegs they had it on sale plus another $100 off the one that really impressed me for a low ceiling was the Bendpak mid rise flush mount scissor

-
Back