Need help determining correct fitting between fuel line and carburetor

-

Fishing68

Reaction score
Have a 68 barracuda 340. Original fuel lines to carb back then were all hard lines. Original carb was a Carter AVS 4bbl.
Fuel lines have been changed to hose by a previous owner. Carb has been changed to an Edelbrock AVS 2.
I want to keep the Edelbrock carb as it works well and is nearly identical to the original Carter carbs.
I would, however like to restore to original style hard fuel line and have ordered lines from in-line tubing.
What I need help with is identifying and finding the correct fitting to couple the new in-line fuel line to the Edelbrock carb.
I believe the in-line flared fitting to be the same size as original stock design. I also believe (but have not confirmed) the inlet port on the Edelbrock carb is the same size as that of the original Cater carb.
Anyone done this before and know the fitting and where it can be found?
-Thanks!

The carb end of the fitting is proprietary. Only Carter/ Edelbrock "knows for sure." That does not mean, however that some specialty 3rd party company does not make them.

Proprietary...Huh ?
This is the fitting you will need. Hopefully you can see it.
Don't have the specifics in front of me, but you have the greatest search engine in the world right in front of you. Search Carter AVS fuel fitting.
Hope this helps.

IMG_20160124_143708623_HDR.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Last edited:
That is a proprietary fitting. It only fits Carter and maybe Ed carbs. WHAT did I just say?

"That does not mean, however that some specialty 3rd party company does not make them."

Thanks both of you.
Johnny- I can see it. The detail photo matches one that pops up first on a search using your suggested terms. Item is an ebay listing . Can you confirm you used:

"Carter AFB AVS TQ 5/8-20 Brass Fuel Inlet Fitting 5/16" Inverted Flare"

Thanks both of you.
Johnny- I can see it. The detail photo matches one that pops up first on a search using your suggested terms. Item is an ebay listing . Can you confirm you used:

"Carter AFB AVS TQ 5/8-20 Brass Fuel Inlet Fitting 5/16" Inverted Flare"

That's the one.

Yes the carb fitting is specific to the carb but the fuel line is just standard brake line. (inverted flare) Like the fellas mentioned above.

Last edited:
-
Back