Need help identifying

-

Del

Papa66Bcuda
Reaction score
IMG_0334.JPG
I got these manifolds and carbs but can't find any numbers on them. The guy I got them from has had them for over 50 years . The carbs are Carter AVS 4966S. If anyone knows where the numbers are would be appreciated also what they might be worth. Thanks

413 ramjet/cross ram manifolds that i believe were only on Chrysler 300's that are very desirable. I wouldnt take less than 1500 for them.'

Jake

Thank you for the information. That's what I was told between $1500 and $2000.

OK, those are not the carbs that go to that setup. Those are later AVS type, that manifold set used AFBs.
I see you are also missing the balance tube.
With that, the manifolds themselves without the carbs and tube are worth somewhere between 7 and 900.
Its a neat setup, but not particularly rare, and not desirable as current performance pieces. The runner length is tuned to work in the 3000 to 5000 rpm range.
The other downside is that they won't fit any conventional A, B or E Body car. They were only available on full size models.
On the upside, Rat Rod guys eat those things up.
BTW, the set you have there are known as Long Rams. There is a set that look very similar, but have shorter dividers in the runners, known as Short Rams. Those are valuable factory race pieces..only a dozen sets cast, and worth about five grand a set

Many years ago I saw one of the long rams on a Super Bee at the Mopar Nationals. I think the drivers side cleared OK.
The passenger side inner fender was cut and a boxed section was welded in to clear everything.
Hope you find a happy buyer!

Many years ago I saw one of the long rams on a Super Bee at the Mopar Nationals. I think the drivers side cleared OK.
The passenger side inner fender was cut and a boxed section was welded in to clear everything.
Hope you find a happy buyer!
Same here. At the Garlits show one year, there was a 68 or 69 Dart with that set up on it. I thought it looked silly but hey the only one that needs to like it is the owner! He had to cut holes in the hood way out by the fenders to make it work.

Did you get the small part that go between the runners?

-
Back