Need Help (Mopar FWD)

-

Kegan B

Reaction score
I know it's not an A but I've been searching the web for awhile and haven't foudn anything. I have a 84 Rampage 2.2 5 Speed, I am wanting to drop in a TII or TI (which ever I can get) I know I'll need a computer, probably wiring. The things I am not sure on are if I will need to go through my Trans. It will probably need a new guage cluster. Will I have to swap to GLH hubs (5 lugs)?

Thanks!,
Kegan

I know the turbo cars had 5 lug rims, not sure if the trans is different for that year but I know the trans in my 89 CSX VNT is a Getrag 555, the heavy duty one that is hard to find. You shouldn't need to change the dash cluster, just add a boost gauge and any other you want.

I know the turbo cars had 5 lug rims, not sure if the trans is different for that year but I know the trans in my 89 CSX VNT is a Getrag 555, the heavy duty one that is hard to find. You shouldn't need to change the dash cluster, just add a boost gauge and any other you want.
Ok, Thanks!

Would be a good idea to swap to the 5 lug set-up, would be stronger and better variety of rims to choose from. Remember to get the same for the rears so you match. The brakes might even be heavier duty too, also check for front and rear sway bars.

Would be a good idea to swap to the 5 lug set-up, would be stronger and better variety of rims to choose from. Remember to get the same for the rears so you match. The brakes might even be heavier duty too, also check for front and rear sway bars.
I will! Will "Pizza" wheels work ?

They should, they made the "Pizza" in both bolt patterns, both came in 15". Any of the factory 15" rims should work with the 5 lug pattern, even the 16" "pumper" style that came on the Shelby Daytona cars will work.

I have a direct connection computer ( was installed on my 84 Daytona turbo) and various parts Keagan if you are interested. I also have a brand new head ported and polished for a 2.2,1985... that I never installed. The head bolts are a different size then the 84, but easly fit.
If ever you're interested (and not in a rush) i can send you some specs and part numbers. Just reel busy at work at this moment and would have to pull them out of storage. Let me know

I have a direct connection computer ( was installed on my 84 Daytona turbo) and various parts Keagan if you are interested. I also have a brand new head ported and polished for a 2.2,1985... that I never installed. The head bolts are a different size then the 84, but easly fit.
If ever you're interested (and not in a rush) i can send you some specs and part numbers. Just reel busy at work at this moment and would have to pull them out of storage. Let me know
PM is on the way.

If you are going to run a turbo 2 or more, I think you should get a getrag trans.

the engine is a bolt in but I would swap the transmission.

a friend of mine took a lebaron (FWD) turbo engine and put in his rampage along with a boost gauge from a shelby charger. his car is still 4 bolt pattern

his boost is turned up to 14 PSI on the stock lebaron engine!

the engine is a bolt in but i would swap the transmission.

A friend of mine took a lebaron (fwd) turbo engine and put in his rampage along with a boost gauge from a shelby charger. His car is still 4 bolt pattern

his boost is turned up to 14 psi on the stock lebaron engine!

thats how my friend blew up his turbo z daytona, cranked up the boost lol!!

Had a Shelby Charger (originally a turbo)it had heavier vented rotors, compared to the unvented single thickness rotors of the Charger 2.2 i Bought for parts.

-
Back