need help.mounting emblems!

-

snowcrow

2 Time dart owner
Reaction score
Anyone know a good way to mount emblems on our a bodies? Preferrably a 76 dart fender emblem.

What type of emblems? Stock? Have the pins on the back that poke through holes in fender?

Thought they were all the same. They are the plain 76 dart emblems that poke through the fender and something on the other side holds them on. Need to mount them by the 30th

Don't know exactly what they are called, but there are these little "tubes" that have a flat rim on one end. The tube pokes through the fender hole from the outside and the rim presses against the fender surface to keep the tube from slipping all the way through. Then you simply push the emblem's pins into the tubes and they basically stay in place with a friction fit. I found mine at a paint and body shop.

Au-ve-co Products makes them in various sizes and I think they are called tubular nuts: http://dixied.com/store/product2595.html
You'll have to determine the hole diameter, pin diameter, and length to find the correct one.

mounting nuts or something along those lines. here it is mounted (finally)

0530121842.jpg

So, are you going to tell us where you found them and show us what they look like?

Oh yeah, napa auto has them and they are called barrel nuts. They come in a pack of 20 and are a 1/8 inch size. I don't have pics this second but will post one soon.

I'm just ribbing ya... it's always nice to hear about a successful outcome and learn what the solution was for the sake of others who may have a similar problem.

-
Back