need help on a charity build !!!!!!!!!!!

-
Same here :-D The wife is already wanting me outside for something :toothy10: I might shut my daily driver down and get the intake and exhaust off.
:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

We're proud and excited to welcome Peter Greenburg and City Tire Companyhttp://www.city-tire.com/locations.htm of Springfield, Massachusetts to the Shriners' Scamp Charity Build Sponsors' List!

Just taking a short break from the shop to add this post but I'll get yet another version of the Sponsors' List added with links as soon as time permits. (The allotted time to edit my original list has expired so I have to start from scratch again ... sorry for the delay everybody.)

SPONSORS ~
’73 PLYMOUTH SCAMP BUILD FOR
SHRINERS CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL

American Racing – Torque Thrust IIs

B&M – shifter

Bach Towing – Scamp transport

Bodyworks Unlimited – Tony, the paint guy

ButlerBuilt -- seats

City Tire Company -- tires

Dean aka “Mr. Model A” – Speedway Motors straight axle

FairPricedShipping.com – parts shipping

Fel-Pro Gaskets – full gasket set, valley pan and engine bearings

Fiberglass Unlimited – lexan

ForABodiesOnly.com members – 4 speed transmission, passenger door, bumper, taillights, alternator, wiper motor & paypal donations

Fuel Safe – custom fuel cell

Hedman Hedders -- header kit

Hi Tech Transmission Inc. -- tranny and converter

Holley – carburetors and blue fuel pump

Howe Racing Enterprises -- radiator and related parts

JB Grafix Custom Painting, Inc. – Justin Barnes, the gold leaf expert

Keystone Automotive -- rust inhibitor, paint and all paint/body supplies

Lee Racing Engines & Restorations – Billy, the motor guy

Legendary Auto Interiors -- headliner

Levielle’s Auto Recyclers -- 1973 Plymouth Scamp

LM-Tarbell -- all steel needed for the build

March Performance – pulleys and brackets

Melling – oil pump, pickup and screen

McGill Hose and Coupling -- all plumbing on the car

Moroso -- oil pan, valve covers, Blue Max racing wires, timing cover, battery box

MSD Ignition -- ignition (not yet received but promised -- we'll see)

NIC Industries -- any powders needed for the build

Painless Performance – wiring harnesses

Phoenix Specialty Coatings -- custom powder coating to match the paint

R&R Industries Inc. -- Ford 9 inch and any other parts Joe can use in their yard

Stock Interiors – carpet kit

Strong Keepsake Images – show board

VFN -- fiberglass panels

Thanks again to all these fine companies and individuals for their support!!!

Please don't forget, you can donate to the build securely through paypal on the home page of my website, http://phoenixspecialtycoatings.com. There's a link below my signature line.

Monday morning bump - congrats on the new sponsors., hope that list keeps growing.

I just sent homecloned's $20 and my $40 a total of $60 as promised
It went to Leanna's address =P~ Thank you for waiting on me!
Can I get a confirmation sistha 8)

A special thanks to you guys for the help. I will be back to the shop tomorrow and will get some updated pics on here.

hey Joe - i left you a cell message last night. damn rain prevented me from pulling the motor last night but if the rain holds off i'll have it out tonight. maybe we can set up a pick up date for this weekend unless thats too soon for your towing co. car is outside the garage and i have everything off of it. just need to pull the torsion bars and drop the k member. at worst, if i cant get that done myself before the tower needs to come, maybe you and i can tackle it in an hour or 2 before they get to my place? give me a call whenever - you have my cell.

glad this is going to help. actually had a guy stop by on tues to tell me his brother is doing a rotisserie resto on a 68 and the 76 i have for you is in better shape than what he is starting with. hope that means good things.

- jason

Awsome thanks Jason. I did get your message but it was late and did not want to call. Just keep me posted on when you get the motor and tranny out. thanks Joe

We're proud and excited to welcome Ivey Industries of Springfield, Massachusetts to the Shriners Scamp Sponsors' List. They'll be supplying Joe with all the welding supplies needed to complete the build. Be sure to visit their website and contact Ivey for all your welding needs.

I promise I'll devote some time to getting another updated interactive Sponsors' List posted by this weekend. Thanks to all for your patience and continued support!

hey Joe - i'll call ya later but wanted to let ya know THE ENGINE IS OUT!!! whoo hoo. so the car is ready. anytime you can come by tomorrow (sun) is good. i may ask for some help getting the engine into the garage but the rest should be super simple.
- jason

Thanks Adam. The build is not as strong as I was Hoping. The worst part it is I never fail and this is a huge thing that has just turned to hell. The build was to mean something,and show something to the world.Good Will ! But I am finding to be gone. It is the rarest thing to find these days. I have met some awsome people and gotten awsome support but it is comming down to the wire and I at this point have come to realize I am failing. It is hard to stay positive with so much negitivity and it has finally destroyed me. I am trying to keep afloat in a corperate world for sh*t. Hopefully the last hope I have works out this week. If not I will let everyone know my next step in this nitemare. Once again thanks to everyone who helped. TO create a ocean it needs rain drops. I just aint got enough to make a puddle yet.

Anyone know where I can get a plate to mount a 727 to a small block chevy? I am putting my chevy motor in the scamp and want to honor my tranny builder by using his tranny. Only fair I figure . The motor is only got about 10 passes on it and runs awsome. In a 3000 lb car it ran consistant 10.5 's so I figure it will be good for a 2200 lb car. Last option I got sorry true mopar guys but it has to be. Worse case I will put my 2 speed in the car but it would be nice to use the tranny I was given. Any help would be great. Thanks.

-
Back