Need help on trim rings

-

mkingan

Reaction score
I finally got the disk brake conversion on my 65 cuda. got the wheels from a board member (supposedly off 73 dart ?). Anyway there is 205/70/15 tires mounted on them. No i'm after the trim (beauty) rings and have no idea what size depth wise they are. How can i tell or are they standard size for 14" wheels? The back has same tire size. looks like they come in all ranges from 1-3/4" to 3" deep or do i just measure it? Seems simple but better to ask first before buying them. Thanks

rim1.jpeg

Did you mean 205/70R14 tires? If the tires are 205/70R15 then the rims are also 15" and you'll need 15" trim rings.

Did you mean 205/70R14 tires? If the tires are 205/70R15 then the rims are also 15" and you'll need 15" trim rings.
typo.. their 14" tires, i need 14" rings. what i am trying to ask is the depth of the rings.

ORRECTION: 14" tires. i Need to know depth of the 14" rings. seems 2" or 2-1/2"

I have 14" X 5 1/2" Rallye wheels in my car. I used 1 3/4" trim rings (from EBAY), but could have probably used a 2" ring.

Use a trim ring that's made for 7" wheels. The ring will end close to the wheel center and give the illusion of a wheel with full circle holes. I put 7" wide wheels on the rear of my Swinger and because of the hump in the center of the wheel, I couldn't use any wider than the 7" trim rings. I like the look of the stock wheels with the wider trim rings better but I had to have wider wheels and bigger tires. LOL The first 2 photos are stock width wheels with the 7" rings. The bottom photo you can see the gap between thering and the rim. No biggie but I know it's there and so do you now.. tmm Oh ya, I used the polished rings and not the satin finished.

019.jpg

032 (4).jpg

001.jpg

I have had good luck buying them off eBay for real decent prices. Not this crazy 40 - 50 bucks a ring BS

I have had good luck buying them off eBay for real decent prices. Not this crazy 40 - 50 bucks a ring BS
Agreed. The stock ones I have on the first photo came from a swap meet for $100 for the set of 4. They are polished better than the expensive ones I bought from Summit.

Use a trim ring that's made for 7" wheels. The ring will end close to the wheel center and give the illusion of a wheel with full circle holes.
That's a really nice fit (great-looking car too). Are your stock rims 5.5" or 6"? Do you happen to know the depth of your rings? I have some that are a little over 2 1/4" and they stick out by about 1/4" on my 5.5" rims.
trim_ring_14x6.png

Update: Well i went with the 1-3/4" and they fit perfect. There are not as deep as i thought. Thanks for the help. Next is to track down the center caps which i am finding are either rare or ridiculously priced. I find repos but there for the small bolt pattern.

I got my Rallye wheel center caps from Layson's a few years back. I chose the 1970 Light Argent vs. the 1971 Dark Argent (personal preference).

They still have them here (I selected 1970 SuperBee as you said big bolt pattern):

http://www.laysons.com/Catalog.cfm?nCatID=306&nModelID=16&nModelYear=1970

I've had mine for about 10 years (about 10K miles), they still look great and the price was comparable.

I went ahead and bought mine from summit racing. I think I paid like 38 a piece but the chrome on them is perfect . It was worth it to me.

-
Back