Need help, which P.S. hose!

-

340doc

Reaction score
I purchased a used PS pump and box to convert our 70 Dart to power steering. I'm looking on Rock auto at pressure hoses. They offer one with a o-ring and one with an inverted flare end that goes into the pump. I have a federal pump. Does the federal pump use one kind and the saginaw pump use another???

The easiest way for us to tell is a pick of the pump fitting.... I know the Saginaw has inverted flair and thought the Federal did as well.....

If you go back to the Rock auto site and look at the hoses again it tells you that the saginaw hose's "two of them" have the inverted flare. I have a saginaw pump on my 74 Scamp 318 and both hoses with the inverted flares look like mine, the other two hoses on the site should be for the federal pump but they refer to it as a Chrysler pump, those hoses do not look like mine so they should be for the federal pump. Hope this helps.
Bob

Could be a difference due to the year model of pump as well....

OK, my bad. I thought I clicked on the 225 for engine size but somehow I clicked on 318. I redid it with the 225 and the only ones that come up are the O-ring type. Thank all of you for your help, I think I'm good now!!!

-
Back