Need help with turbo build

-

quartermilepass

Reaction score
Have a few routes

which would be better and why or it does not matter as long as u build the setup to handle it ?

also what would be your choice of internals/turbo /carbeurated efi / intercooler or non

looking to put this in a streetcar to have fun would love to run 10s or faster. thank you all help I can get is certainly appreciated.

I wanted to do this with a 360. Namely, for the cubes and the torque that the 360 has off the bat, enough to roll out hard while the turbos catch up with a stick. Automatics build plenty of boost on a dime, thanks to the stall converter.

One thing I was considering, was a rear mount turbo, to keep the underhood heat down.

Lots of late model Mustang guys can buy rear mount turbo setups. I wanted to accomplish this by using twins, where the mufflers were normally placed, on 2.5" exhaust feeding, with 3" out and surround the 2.5" pipes with 3" pipes off of the standard headers, down the straight, to keep heat up, so the turbos could spool quicker. I also thought about using turbo jackets to keep road spray off of the exhaust side of the turbo, keep the car from catching things on fire and to help additional heat held in the feeding exhaust to the turbo, under the car.

The intake air would just be channeled next to the driveshaft from a Y, up one side of the firewall and into a hat.

Initially, it seems like excessive plumbing, but it's actually far less complicated than making a set of headers that fit under the hood, that you can manage spark plug changes on and manage heat with.

It also eliminates the need for a front mount intercooler, because you can run the intake tube from the rear mount turbos, through a finned tube.

Depending on how you did everything, you could get really sneaky with the intake air, run it through the cowl and into the back of an air box that looked like a rectangular air intake tray or six pack air cleaner.

I was going to run garret t3s with a 44 trim wheel.

I was going to put the turbos over by where say the batter tray is and possibly cut the inner fenders to sit infront of the wheel should get enough air and cool enough. But I don't know all of what I need, can I still stay carb'd or do I have to go into injected. I understand id need the turbos headers and basically inlet/outlet tubing but what else

just got a 73 duster with a 340 stroked to a 390 with twin 72 mm turbos.....runs like a raped ape and very docile on the street...with a turbo 400 tranny in it....will get pictures up asap

-
Back