need help

-

z_daddy

z_daddy
Reaction score
Hi guy's n gal's
Have a problem! I converted my ft/ brk to disc that I got from the bone yard form a 72 duster I bought the hole deal spindles rotors calibers lower ball joints complete ok so put them on fit good found out my left upper ball joint is very loose ( didn't change it yet) however the left front tire leans in word what is the problem ? Can it be the upper B J? It didn't lean before ! Need advise

Hi guy's n gal's
Have a problem! I converted my ft/ brk to disc that I got from the bone yard form a 72 duster I bought the hole deal spindles rotors calibers lower ball joints complete ok so put them on fit good found out my left upper ball joint is very loose ( didn't change it yet) however the left front tire leans in word what is the problem ? Can it be the upper B J? It didn't lean before ! Need advise

Can you get pictures? I know i'm not the most knowledgeable person on this site but I swapped to disk brakes from a 73 swinger, then got a rebuild kit and re-did the front end. right now it is waayyyy out of alignment so the wheels look funny, until I can drive it down to get aligned.

. . . . found out my left upper ball joint is very loose ( didn't change it yet) however the left front tire leans in word what is the problem ? Can it be the upper B J? It didn't lean before ! Need advise

Is the ball joint loose in the UCA or loose in the ball joint socket? Either way it should not be loose. Could be contributing to your problem especially if you didn't remove the UCA and disturb the cam bolts.

What year vehicle did you put this disc brake setup on? Hope you didn't put smaller '72 spindles on a larger '73 upper control arms with larger ball joint. That may be why it's not tight.

The vech is a 68 val , I didn't change the UCR !
Just when I put it all together I noticed the ball joint itself was loose I have bought a new one to put in but just wanted to know if that was the problem or not before I go and change it ( the rt side is fine ) and when I look at the B J its leaning inward

if the ball joint is loose/worn by all means replace it. A loose ball joint will be a problem that I can guarantee you!

-
Back