need help!

-

Moreno

beginning restorer
Reaction score
Gotta question, im not seeming to find alot of part for my 65 dart 270, the interior it what im mainly looking at only cosmetic but still necessary ya know like seats and stuff haha , ok so I need either new seats or to get them stripped and redone, i should mention this is a rolling resto. im also looking at chaning the crpet and i need to put a new headliner in as its gone. there is also a crack in the dash pad that has been poorly put back together, i did however find locks and keys to them in the junkyard from a dart so ill see if they will work sometime soon since i cant lock the thing yet. so my question is were can i find some parts on the cheap and yes ive been to the yards i got a few more to go tho, and what cars and years will crosover and be compatible to mine. like i said i have 65 dodge dart 270 its auto on the tree and 4 door bench seats. any info is greatly appreciated as this is our first restore together the hubby and me and We have never done a dart. Thanks

Welcome if I missed you in the welcome wagon thread Moreno :read2:
A good tech will jump in here and up date you on parts that will interchange and help you find them. :happy10:
I believe the valiant has the same seat's steering column and linkage but I could be wrong as I have a 66 and seen very few 65 Dodge dart interior and have never owned one.

Give these tech's and early dart owners time to jump in and help :happy10:.
My guess would be 63 to 65 A body "dodge/Plymouth will bolt right in, but the dash is a different animal, the head liner could be the same as plymouth Valiant as long as it's 63 to 65. We have many owner's here that can help you on this early A body Dart 270 8)
Looking forward to your build :happy10:

thanks memike! I usually get a bunch of views in my questions but no answers haha, yea its a rolling resto like i said so i went ahead and took some inside/outside pics today its pretty bad inside but the engine is brand new and there is no rust, so it was a steal though the guy before had no clue of the condition when he purchased it it was obvious to me it was barn stored, an had mice NO BUENO! infact I found our dearly departed furry friend under the spare tire along with all of his um leavings. so at any rate the headliner is gone i ripped that off and vacuumed it the seats are looking completely shot as you can tell i actually had to ghetto quick repair the front one with a mattress foam from wallys for 9$ duct taped (cause thats what my dad always taught me) and horse blanket style seat covers so i can at least have something to sit on, till i get it fixed. soo ill find somewhere to post the pics i just took and see where it gets me :) thanks for the advice!

Look through the Early A body threads and cars and parts for sale thread and see what pictures can help you out by looking or asking.
It is that time of year again so give our good tech's and early A dart owners time to jump in here and help, heck you may find everything you need .
More then welcome ,sorry I could not be more help.

-
Back