Need help?

-

DeathVader

Reaction score
67 barracuda with slant 6(for now)
Have about 10k budget for now so will see where things take me hahaha.
Plan to get a 360 magnum from the junkyard for 350$. Bought new gas tank and sending unit, filler tube and gaskets needed. And new fitted fuel line.
More parts will be ordered soon but I want to do the brake conversion and not sure if I want to go ahead and get full disc conversion or not. Any thoughts?

Screenshot_2017-12-09-19-46-25.png

Screenshot_2017-12-10-14-54-15.png

Screenshot_2017-12-09-19-46-34.png

Screenshot_2017-12-10-14-55-08.png

Screenshot_2017-12-10-14-54-56.png

20180716_154307.jpg

67 barracuda with slant 6(for now)
Have about 10k budget for now so will see where things take me hahaha.
Plan to get a 360 magnum from the junkyard for 350$. Bought new gas tank and sending unit, filler tube and gaskets needed. And new fitted fuel line.
More parts will be ordered soon but I want to do the brake conversion and not sure if I want to go ahead and get full disc conversion or not. Any thoughts?

View attachment 1715543327

View attachment 1715543328

View attachment 1715543329

View attachment 1715543330

View attachment 1715543333

View attachment 1715543334

I love notchbacks and convertibles. Welcome! I followed the following path and lived with a slant 6 for 10 years. I finally was done with it and went the 5.9 Magnum route.

I would highly recommend upgrading the brakes and wheels to a big bolt pattern. Brake upgrade being the most important system to prioritize. Followed by suspension and the big bolt pattern (BBP)wheels.

Dr Diff can set you up with a four wheel disc brake package, a BBP upgrade and a suspension upgrade. Invest in some good shocks (Koni's or Bilstiens) and weld in subframe connectors from US Cartool while you're at it.

Once you have a car that stops and handles dramatically better, then go for EFI & an overdrive transmission and you will have an awesome ride that can out perform most cars on the road.

Spring Fling (Medium).PNG

Airbox1 (Medium).JPG

JohnRace2 (Large).jpg

I love notchbacks and convertibles. Welcome! I followed the following path and lived with a slant 6 for 10 years. I finally was done with it and went the 5.9 Magnum route.

I would highly recommend upgrading the brakes and wheels to a big bolt pattern. Brake upgrade being the most important system to prioritize. Followed by suspension and the big bolt pattern (BBP)wheels.

Dr Diff can set you up with a four wheel disc brake package, a BBP upgrade and a suspension upgrade. Invest in some good shocks (Koni's or Bilstiens) and weld in subframe connectors from US Cartool while you're at it.

Once you have a car that stops and handles dramatically better, then go for EFI & an overdrive transmission and you will have an awesome ride that can out perform most cars on the road.

View attachment 1715543355

View attachment 1715543356

View attachment 1715543357
Yes brakes will be a must. Getting electric in my barn Friday so I can see what the heck im doing. Lol. Your motor did you build? If so what di you put in and on it? Just picking your brain. As im fixing to be doing the same. I dont need the 360 to become a super beast but would like it mid to upper 300hp

Yes brakes will be a must. Getting electric in my barn Friday so I can see what the heck im doing. Lol. Your motor did you build? If so what di you put in and on it? Just picking your brain. As im fixing to be doing the same. I dont need the 360 to become a super beast but would like it mid to upper 300hp

I picked up a used 2000 5.9 Magnum, swapped the valve springs, did a Keg manifold modification, resealed the motor and put a Hughes cam & double roller timing chain in it.

I went with the factory EFI using a PCM from a 1999 Ram pickup with 5 speed & no security from SOLO PCM's in Florida. I had the PCM reflashed using an SCT handheld programmer, and bought a Hotrod Wiring Harness from Hotwire Auto. It only took 4 wires to hook up. The bigger cam and reflash really helped wake up the motor. I bolted it to a used 727 and installed a surge tank system for the fuel. I was running a set of Summit headers which worked fine and were very reasonably priced.

While the initial expense and learning curve of swapping to EFI was a bit steeper than throwing on a carb, the performance and drivability of EFI was a great enhancement, and was easily adaptable to my later engine upgrades.

In addition to having loads more power, the swap increased my gas mileage significantly when I stayed out of it.

I picked up a used 2000 5.9 Magnum, swapped the valve springs, did a Keg manifold modification, resealed the motor and put a Hughes cam & double roller timing chain in it.

I went with the factory EFI using a PCM from a 1999 Ram pickup with 5 speed & no security from SOLO PCM's in Florida. I had the PCM reflashed using an SCT handheld programmer, and bought a Hotrod Wiring Harness from Hotwire Auto. It only took 4 wires to hook up. The bigger cam and reflash really helped wake up the motor. I bolted it to a used 727 and installed a surge tank system for the fuel. I was running a set of Summit headers which worked fine and were very reasonably priced.

While the initial expense and learning curve of swapping to EFI was a bit steeper than throwing on a carb, the performance and drivability of EFI was a great enhancement, and was easily adaptable to my later engine upgrades.

In addition to having loads more power, the swap increased my gas mileage significantly when I stayed out of it.
I think im going to go with a carb. I think they look alot better and easier to work on. Im not a gear head or even close to it but can figure some stuff out.
Not real sure how everything is going to work out just yet. As far as getting a trans that will fit and why do people always change out the rear end? Is there something specific that goes out in them when switching to a v8?

Any detailed info on this matter will help alot. And are all 727s the same bolt patterns for a v8 or do i need to look for certain ones?

Thanks in advance. And will have more questions im sure.

Does anyone know if the drive train and other parts from a 67 dart would fit into my 67 barracuda. Ive found a couple that maybe very good donor cars one having the 318 and the other having a 383, 727 and 8 3/4 rear end. Would that be an easy swap

Last edited:
It's just a matter of taking everything needed from one car to another. Just time consuming.
I had a 70 Dart with a 383 in it, was 340 car, really fun!!!

-
Back