Need Help

-

no1newb

Reaction score
ok, so my tranny doesnt have any shield to protect the fly wheel, however i dont know if that has anything to do with my problem.

after leaving lowes one day, my starter kinda grinds but it starts right up, when i get home 5 mins later, i realize they gave me the wrong socket i needed so i try to start my car again, grinding noise starts and engine doesnt.the only way i can start my car now is by letting it roll back in my driveway and poping the clutch in reverse, or, for some reason it starts when it is being jumped.
I have a Chiltons book that says it could be the starter, or also it could be my ignition switch. when the key is turned on and i jiggle the key around, the volts meter sometimes goes from 11 to 0 or jumps up to 12, and when i put it on accessory mode, it goes and stays on 12 volts.

which would be more likely, ignition switch or starter. or something more simple like my distributer or something. im hoping its not my starter because i cant even take it off. all i got are 2 ramps i can put my car on and i cant reach the bolts keeping the starter attached to the engine and transmission.

PLEASE HELP ASAP want it figured out before it gets too cold out.

Could be as simple as a starter relay, but it sounds like you have a bad switch. Does your key chain have a bunch of keys and fobs?

not really i have 2 other keys and a copper plate thing with barracuda on it.
is there a way to clean or fix the switch or do i need to replace it all together

-
Back