Need ignition recommendations

-

71dusterdan

Reaction score
Hey everyone going gang busters now to get the Duster on the road. Next step engine trans combo. It is a 71 340. Gonna add a slightly hotter cam thinking maybe purple 509, found memories of my old 360 and that cam. However seeing it is a genuine daily driver may step down a little. I have nothing for an ignition. Well I may have a late 70's distributor yet. I need to stretch my budget and get a complete functioning ignition set up. I need simple, reliable, easily repaired at the local parts store. Keeping my TQ and my 4 spd. Recommendations GO!

If you have a factory electronic distributor I would highly recommend one of my HEI kits.
They are true HEI with a much stronger spark than the factory electronic.
It's a complete ignition minus the distributor and they are $99.99 for Abody members and you can chk into it here www.classichei.com
They are highly recommended by our own Abody members.

Let me know if you have any questions.

If you don't yet have an electronic distributor, by far the cheapest and best approach is a new HEI distributor. Search "ready-to-run" and "318" on ebay, $45 by Steve White Performanace, or pay >$100 for the same part from others. Works best with an e-core coil. Many posts here with photos. Works very well, and seems to have a better pickup than the Mopar e-distributor. Some don't like it because they shun China, others because HEI modules started at GM.

-
Back