Need info on 72 A body bucket seats

-
1970 and early 1971 have the separate hinge covers with longer release buttons.
Gotcha..Just dropped my seats off at my upholstery guys shop..Going to have him make the covers instead of ordering them online..He does top notch high end show cars and such..Be glad to get them back and install them..

Back in post #1, the seat tracks don't look like A body, but it's hard to tell. The seats posted in post#5 are exactly like my 72 Demon seats.

Back in post #1, the seat tracks don't look like A body, but it's hard to tell. The seats posted in post#5 are exactly like my 72 Demon seats.
I took one of the seat tracks and test fitted it in my Demon and they fit the factory holes..

Did you ever check to see if you had the 71 seat frames?

Not yet.

But if both of your seats have that rear spring basket then you already have late 1971 seat frames, so you would not need any others anyway......

Not yet.

But if both of your seats have that rear spring basket then you already have late 1971 seat frames, so you would not need any others anyway......
I looked at my foam and I don't think it has the spring basket..The foam has some small round rods running through the
It looks like the one in your photo.
Ok..Thanks

On a 1972 seat, depending on timing, only one visible spring at the top or later on, no visible springs at all, all you see is foam.

On a 1972 seat, depending on timing, only one visible spring at the top or later on, no visible springs at all, all you see is foam.
I saw a long thin metal piece running from side to side embedded in the foam..It would be positioned around where the middle to upper part of your back would rest against the seat back...I'm quite ignorant on a lot of the smaller details of seats and changes that were made from year to year..I can identify some seats by looking at them but thats about where my knowledge is limited to on them..Trying to learn a bit more by asking questions....

This gets me wondering why did Chrysler change things in the first place?
Was it a better design that they were going to, or was it just money related?

-
Back