Need info on bolts

-

jimbo1096

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Would appreciate if anyone can give me the bolt size that holds the inspection shield (dust cover) on the 904 trans of a small block and also the bolt size that holds the shroud to the radiator
Thanks

Shroud to the radiator ar small like #8 or #10 pull one of the captive nuts off the radiator and head over to the hardware store.

There are aftermarket bolt kits that might give you the actual size.

Both hardware store, Home Depot and Lowe’s didn’t have a match for the captive nut

I have different sizes I guess. Inspection cover should be 1/4", shroud from 1/4" on down.

if you're in the market for the real deal OG hardware i probably have some of that kicking around...

probably not the clips, but most likely the speed screws and inspection cover bolts.

Thanks, y’all
Good info and I’ll take it to the hardware store tomorrow and see if I can find some.
Jyh, this is just a weekend driver and not show car. Not much on it really matches anyway.

eh, i don't really sell "restored" hardware or numbers matching plated type stuff. it's just bits and bobs that i've collected and come across in my adventures. it's loving cleaned and inspected and told that it's good enough and nobody should consider it trash and somebody somewhere wants them.

and then i throw it all in a cardboard box to rifle thru at a later date.

i'm kidding, some of it i actually bag and tag. but all the rest is totally true.

1719102342501.png

1.) 1/4-20x1/2 (x3)
2.) 7/16-14x1 1/4-also attaches engine to transmission brace.
3.) 7/16-14x1 1/2 plus nut on the rear. This is a non-threaded hole which also attaches the engine to transmission brace on the front of the trans and the cooler line bracket on the rear.
4.) 7/16-14&20x2 stud and 7/16-20 nut- attaches starter.
5.) 7/16-14x1 1/2- attaches starter.

With the fan shroud, you're on your own. I checked 3 different vehicles and came up with 3 different sizes, depending on year (which you didn't mention). 1/4, #8, & #10.

Just about how everything else on this project, after acquiring a inspection cover, and pulling the starter again, the cover won't fit! With the TTI headers there isn't space enough to get the cover in place. Just won't fit, not, nana noway. Oh well

Haven't heard anyone complain about this before, correct cover? Someone else will chime in. I have a scattershield, I did have to carve on the block saver, and leave one bolt out for same area.

-
Back