Need more pedal travel?

-

danielb927

Reaction score
I was playing around with the thermoquad today, and discovered that flooring the gas, I can only get the secondaries about a quarter open. I had my dad sit in the car and floor it, i made sure the choke was kicked off (sorry if my terminology is bad. I'm talking about the knob/flathead screw on the driver's side that you screw in-out to adjust the idle speed, that rides up and down to activate the choke. I held that down so the mechanical secondaries would activate).

Anyways, is there something I can do to adjust how high off the floor my pedal starts? It only seems like i need another third or half an inch of travel, but if I just tighten up the cable then obviously the idle won't be right anymore.

bend the pedel iside the car back. it will twist at the pivot. just watch close so you dont brake it. I did it to mine without any problem.

Thanks, worked fine I will get on it next time I drive and see if it has some more balls!!!

Do what cudaman said or shorten the cam location on the throttle arm on your carb where you have the pull linkage hooked up.
You are pulling from the top, Drop down and shorten the cam pull.

-
Back