Need my radio repaired

-

pbiggs

Reaction score
Anybody have suggestions where to send my 65 Barracuda AM radio for repairs?
Thanks, Pat

What's wrong with it? Usually the big electrolytic caps are dried out and all you have to do is replace them. Keep the proper polarity however. I just had 2 AM radios that would not turn on. I replaced the caps and they fired right up.

What's wrong with it? Usually the big electrolytic caps are dried out and all you have to do is replace them. Keep the proper polarity however. I just had 2 AM radios that would not turn on. I replaced the caps and they fired right up.

What do the electrolytic caps look like and where do you buy replacements?
Thanks, Pat

I have same problems with my 68 Dart radio. Took it in to a shop and had it checked out. The guy said the board had rust in it. I didn't see any rust, the radio from 1 to 10 is probably an 8. The guy didn't offer any solutions. When i get my car back I would be interested in getting it fixed.
I will keep you in mind. Can you PM me with an address ?

Anybody have suggestions where to send my 65 Barracuda AM radio for repairs?
Thanks, Pat

There is a gentleman on MOPARTS.com who is in Alabama, goes by the name of Greg, who is a master craftsman repairing Mopar electronics. He posts there, and has a thriving radio repair / swap business, all top notch, not the cheapest, not the most expensive either, but it will be done right, the first time. He has repaired many Mopar radio/8-track/cassette units installed in award winning cars.

He sometimes posts in the Ebay WIW forum there. His name is Greg Ward, and his handle on Moparts is: Big Money Lewis

http://wardsclassiccarradiorepair.com/

-
Back