Need new rear shocks, which ones?

-

Pateras

Reaction score
I have the 8.75 rear end, but still have leafs. the rear shocks are junk, and a buddy suggested KYT Gas, are they worth the time it would take to get them, or is there an equivalent at Napa that are the same? thanks.

KYB sux, you can have mine. Bilstein or the new Fox/Hotchkis are the only real performance shocks made for these cars...

ill be using KYBs all around this year on my 71 Swinger. I had them on my 65 Dart, drove like a different car after...great shocks.

Thanks guys. The KYB's come HIGHLY recommended from a guy that would know, so they can't "Suck."

Thanks guys. The KYB's come HIGHLY recommended from a guy that would know, so they can't "Suck."

While KYB's may not suck. They are far from the performance of the option's that I mentioned. That being Bilstein or Koni. Like Hemioutlaw says. You get what you pay for.

If your just using your car as a cruiser or a DD. KYB's are fine. Thats what I always run in my cars.

Thanks guys. Im presently buried to my eyeballs in this car trying to get it back on the road for the first time in many years. After it's cruising for awhile, i intend to slowly go back through the car and dial things in even further. maybe even replace the entire front with a coil-over setup. Maybe full Susp. setup for Hotchkis.. YEA!!!!!!!!!

Which particular Bilsteins would you guys recommend? I have looked a little but there seems to a sea of options and pricing ranges. I need front and rear shocks for my '67 notch.

James,
That is great news. I have a 64 Valiant that I am needing to refresh my front suspension. The 10% is definitely a big help.

For a street car? I always hawk ebay for some NOS heavy duty hydraulic shocks. Opening your wallet for expensive shocks for a street car should be a test for retardation. That's my opinion and I'm stickin to it.

-
Back